2 weeks ago
Hi.. my name is Zee
1. I have two daughters, 13 and 17. They just do funny dances or faces that they wouldnt normally do outside the household even though i encourage them to just be themselves in every environment
2. Try to keep the stress levels down by trying to be more openminded, trusting them to make their own decisions/ choices/mistakes and ensuring they know they can reach out to us when they need
3. Opportunity to speak with other parents and understand similar issues that they may be experiencing with their teens
4. Top tip: Always make time for your kids regardless of how busy you are, lots of love, respect and cuddles
5. Family time is the best thing about weekends
2 weeks ago
Hi @zeejay and welcome, it's lovely to meet you
Your two daughters sounds like a lot of fun! I love what you've said about trying to trust your kids to make their own decisions, but also reminding them that they can always reach out to you if they need you. It can be hard to watch them go out into the world while standing back, but I'm sure they so appreciate you giving them the chance to try, fall and learn.
We hope you find some other parents on here that you can relate to, and please feel free to make your own thread if you need any advice or you'd like to talk about anything in particular.
All the best
09:00AM to 11:00PM
We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk nowClick here for help
The current time is Fri, 1:31 AM
(Australian Eastern time)