Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hey @twentyfive! Welcome to RO, so glad you found us. I'm with you on walking to relax!

What we hear from parents a lot is that the main issue as kiuds get old is that a lot of the support falls away. When their young there is lots of support available and a lot more interaction with other parents. But as they enter high school you interact with other parents less and there is not as much support for parents.

Do you agree? Hope to keep seeing you around!

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome to our newsest members @Trillbilly@Suesue,  @atmumar,  @queenspark,  @mums_taxi, @alcho and @MammaJaieCee! We'd love to know more about you guys....

For all new members, get started here on the Parent's forum by introducing yourself and telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what makes you proud of them?

2. What led you to signing up to RO Parents?

3. Tell us more about your username - any special meaning? 

4. What's your number one way to relax?

5. What was the worst and then the best parenting adivce you've got?

Or if you'd just rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind you can do that here - hope to keep seeing you around!

Casual scribe
Rehab

I am over 50,married and am lucky to have a 30 y.o. daughter,a 17 y.o. daughter and a 20 y.o.son.This is not in order of favourites,I love them all the same and am extremely proud of them.

I am studying health and found REACH OUT while I was searching for an assignment

and it looked like a really positive and refreshing way of support for parents.

I chose my username because I have always  been working to better myself and learning new techniques and tools which I can hopefully learn to manage my own issues when family issues arise as well.

To relax I will watch a movie,practice yoga or go for a bushwalk.

The worst was from my parents,'Children should be seen,not heard'. The best I suppose is letting your children know how much you love them and you are always there for them if they want.

Star contributor
TOM-RO

Welcome @Rehab ! Props to you and your goal of managing self and family issues. That for sure can be challenging at times, but just having that goal and mindset alone puts you in a strong position! You sound like you are mindful of incorporating ways to relax,  a devoted parent and committed to your health studies and growth - a nice balance! Good for you. Again, welcome and thanks for sharing some of your story.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Hey @Rehab - thanks so much for introducing yrself! Appreciate it so much! We love to get to know our members.

What are you studying right now? (Good on you be the way!) I love that you say you are always working to better yourself. I love a bushwalk too. I went out to teh national park at Malabar this weekend....

Hope to keep seeing you around....
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Welcome our newest members @chuckles-eliza @Marvin and @Cushion! Feel free to let us know a little more about you and your family by answering:

3. Tell us more about your username - any special meaning? 

Look forward to hearing from you!

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @HalleysComet,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, there has been lots of info provided by the school for support resources which is great for the school community after such a shock and loss.

My daughter doesn't use the site, but I will let her know so she can have a look. Thank you for the recommendation. Hopefully she can find something she can relate to. I'll have to check out the Breathe app too! Sounds useful.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Great @taokat - let us know how you go with the Breathe app. Unfortunately it's just for Apple (iOS) at the moment so hopefully that works for you... Welcome again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Hey @Tessisme, thanks so much for joining in the convo tonight! We'd love to get to know you a little more, so we help new members to introduce themselves by using these handy 5 Qs!!

For all new members, get started here on the Parent's forum by introducing yourself and telling us:

3. Tell us more about your username - any special meaning?
5. What was the worst and then the best parenting advice you've got?

Cheers
Contributor
Sophie-RO

A very big welcome to our newest members: @Bellolpop @Stephs_Mum and @Melbeedee !
Tell us more about you and your family by answering our intro questions!:

2. Why did you sign up to RO Parents?
3. Tell us more about your username - any special meaning?

Look forward to hearing from you!