Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Active scribe
Shikadesfarm

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi all. Im a 45 year old mum.to 3 children and 5 step children. I am a home cleaner twice a week and i cook 3 times a week for our fellow neighbouring elderly farmers. I also help out with shearing and wool sorting when the time comes and also babysit every school holidays. Once a fortnight i volunteer in the school run donut van and am currently undertaking study as a school support worker. My kids are my world. My daughterr who is 14 is a fantastic takented yoing lady through art and singing. My son 13 suffers with aspergers and is improving as he grows and is an aspiring sportsman through cricket and football. I myself am involved in bootcamp sessions run daily and do once a week yoga and pilates. They are my stress relief go to. Gardening on our farm helps too. I found reach out through an internet search through tears of sadness and needed somewhere to go to release and hopefullhopefully get some advice and help. I guess my top tip for parents which has worked for my own children is to be there ready and wiling when yoir cvhildren need you but allowing tjem space to learn in life and school and of themselves. Best thikng about weekends here is getting together as a family when dads home ( works away in tje mines 5 weeks with 5 days home) and just enjoying laid back fun. Bbqs in the warmer weather are brilliant too.
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome @Shikadesfarm, and thank you for sharing some info about yourself with the community! You sound like a very busy woman with a big, generous heart. Your kids sound amazing and you must be so proud of them. I love your top tip for parenting, it's such an important one. 

It's great you've got some outlets for yourself. We have a thread here on yoga that we'd love you to contribute to if you like!

I'm so glad you found the forum and a safe place to share and unload. I'm sure you also have some great advice you can share with others in the community as well Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Hello and welcome to our newest members @KidsRunTown@ComeFront@Belinda and @Nic_George!!

We'd love to get to know a little more about you, so have a few questions for you:

1. How many kids do you have in your care?
  2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  3. What's your favourite thing about weekends? 

Thanks for joining the ReachOut parents community. Being an Australian site, unfortunately our referrals and parent coaching are only Australian as well. Parenting is universal though, so we'd love you to stay and make the most from the forum!

For our Aussie members, ReachOut offers parent coaching to help mums and dads find practical solutions to the struggles we often face raising teenagers. To find out more, please checkout the link here.

We also invite you to join in our parent chat night run each Friday from 8pm (AEDST). If the time suits, everyone is welcome!

Super star contributor
taokat

A big welcome to our newest member @bandit16. It's great to have you here and we look forward to seeing you in the forum.

We'd love to know a little about you. If you have the time, how about giving these questions a go? 

1. How many kids you care for and their ages?
  2. What's the biggest concern in your life right now?
  3. Your favourite way to treat yo'self?
  4. What's one thing your kid has taught you recently?
  5. What's one question you have for us?

ReachOut offer parent coaching which is an awesome FREE service to help parents navigate the often tricky situations we find ourselves in with our teens. Check out the link here for more info.

Tonight's also our parent chat night, so we'd love to see you here tonight from 8pm (AEDST)!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to our newest members @mheywood001 @Clarry @katie3259 @catalinacosta !!  Smiley Happy

We'd love to get to know a little more about you, so feel free to answer a few questions:

1. How many kids do you have and their ages?
  2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  3. What's your favourite thing to do to relax? 

ReachOut offers parent coaching to help mums and dads find practical solutions to the struggles we often face raising teenagers. To find out more, please checkout the link here.

We also invite you to join in our parent chat night run each Friday from 8pm (AEDST). If the time suits, everyone is welcome! 

Active scribe
Jo-Anne

Hi, My girls are 14 and 16 years of age. My 14 year old I have to be careful when I laugh at her, I know its trivial but at dinner when she dropped her carrot on the table and she said "Mum it ran away because it could see my mouth coming to eat it." My 16 year old when she tried on a top and it was a little short and she agreed with me.

I keep my stress levels down by walking every morning.

I came to ReachOut Parents because I was browsing the internet for answers for the problems I am having with my 14 year old.

I don't have a tip only a suggestion Stop put you problems aside and listen to your kids.

Best about weekends is that as a family we spend it together doimg a recreation we all like.

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Hi @Jo-Anne, welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here, and thank you for sharing a little about you and your family with us. 

Walking is great for stress reduction isn't it? Walking out the negativity and having time to yourself to rebalance.

It's lovely that you have family time on weekends doing fun stuff together. 

welcome GIF

Casual scribe
SunMarina

Hi, Parents! 

I have two preschooler girls 2 and 5 years old. The elder doughter is a bit complicated, so I am here to read about common kids & teens problems.

It looks like there is an open parents community where we can share our problems & support each other.

I work in the company which develops video games for kids, so I am really interested in all these topics about games and technolgies. I see advantages and disadvantages of using games and technologies. To be honest parents behaviour has a huge inpact on kids/teens by using them.

Looking forward for the honest conversations & discussions. 

Kind Regards,

M.

Casual scribe
Arsen01

Re: Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm A

hello I am Arsen.. just a new member here,, wanted to introduce myself.. thank You... 

Super star contributor
taokat

Welcome to the forum @Arsen01. I just moved your post to the introductions, I hope you don't mind. 

We always enjoy getting to know our new parents, and have a few questions to help us with that if you'd like to answer. Remember to remain anonymous!

1. What are the ages of your kids, and what is one thing you really enjoy about their personalities?
  2. Parenting can be really stressful - what are a few things you do to keep your stress levels down?
  3. How did you find out about ReachOut?
  4. What's your top piece of advice for parents with kids entering their teenage years?