Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super frequent scribe
ElleBelle

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi @Ilovemichael, and welcome! How old are your kids?

We're based in Australia, so some of the support links may not work for you but we can definitely have a chat and share experiences!

Casual scribe
mariahobbs

Hi my name is Maria and I'm reaching out as we are at the point we don't know where to turn with our daughter. She's fallen in with a couple of older girls who are a terrible influence on her. She's 18 tomorrow and these girls have got her hooked into them. Her behaviour extremely challenging and has turned around from a really creative and talented girl into someone we feel we don't know. Today is the worst day ever as I had to lodge a police report about one of the girls who has been illegally tattoing our daughter who is now covered in the worst home made tattoos.

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi and welcome to ReachOut forums @Ilovemichael and @mariahobbs. Thank you both for sharing a little about yourselves.

I'm sorry to hear about what's been happening with your daughter @mariahobbs. I encourage you to start a new topic here so the community can give you some support while you negotiate your way through this. It's so hard when our kids rebel and it must've been a shock finding out about the tattoos. 

Contributor
Nick-RO

Message contains an image

A huge 'hello' to our newest members @Mumma_loko@CCS78@Chezee and @selvialdriani!hello2.gif

So glad you swung by the forums!

Feel free to let us know a little bit about yourselves by answering the following (but remember to keep it anonymous)...

1.  How old are your kids and what is one thing they have done recently to make you laugh?

2.  What led you to the forums today?

3.  Parenting can be really stressful - what do you do to keep those stress levels down?

Super frequent scribe
Danielle-RO

I'm going to add a quick hello to @daisybongo @mommyof2777 @Megan90 @Aquilina - please feel free to introduce yourselves (see Nick's questions above).

Scribe
Aquilina

Hi this is all new to me though I would try it I’m always online,Looking for help and inspiration to deal with autism and Anxiety and depression anything to help my girls. We are progressing slowly I have three teenagers suffering with these conditions it’s been a struggle but through headspace and medication we are finally making progress . I’m having trouble with my youngest the most she is 16 she has autism too she withdrawn depressed and refusing help
Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Aquilina, welcome to the forum, it's awesome to have you here Smiley Happy

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, and I'm so glad to hear that the combo of headspace and medication has been a help for your girls. 

My daughter has bipolar, anxiety and ptsd and I get that it can be exhausting and so worrying, so I really feel for you all. Please feel free to start a new topic on the page here to get some support from the ReachOut community. 

Once again, welcome! 

Super frequent scribe
Danielle-RO

Hey @Shadow, I saw you're new here, and thought you might like to introduce yourself a little to everyone, outside of simply discussing your current issues with your son (which others can find here to help you with).

Super frequent scribe
Danielle-RO

Tagging a few of our newer members to see if you'd like to introduce yourself to our members:

@Roberts @specialneedsdad @Shep96 @sunflowermom @Coco_96 @Mikesf @punky70 @Ladyhawk17

Casual scribe
specialneedsdad

Hi

Our 14 y.o. son, Solomon, was diagnosed with KCNQ2 Encephalopathy a month ago.

Interesting to get a diagnosis after 14 years.  Solly is in a wheelchair and is non verbal, a weight bearer but not a walker.  The diagnosis of KCNQ2 helps explain some autistic tendencies that were quite often misconstrued as "pain" or discomfort episodes - but he is a joy and we learn together every day...

Take care