Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Active scribe
TheOtherChe

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Add another to that welcome mat Robot Happy welcome to ReachOut and hello @Doran!

Super frequent scribe
ElleBelle

Keep that welcome mat rolling out for @Polhon! Feel free to introduce yourself here Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe
Kalis

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi to @jdbza, @ryanna, @Arghh, and @Jenko! Please pop by, tell us about yourself and let us know:

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
4. What's your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
5. What's the best thing about weekends?

Super frequent scribe
ElleBelle

Hello to our newest members @Stetsonturner and @taziness. Feel free to introduce yourself by answering the questions above, or jump straight into one of our other discussions!

Prolific scribe
taziness

I'm a newbie! Hello!

I found out about Reach by searching online as I do for almost everything!

I'm a hermit mainly, that's how I relax! Usually in the garden.

I'm most proud of my kiddies for their willingness to have a laugh (even if usually at my expense!), their loving natures, and kindness.

Worst parenting advice, 'they'll work it out on their own' and I think I just read the best on this board! 'Just give them unconditional love and we'll work the rest out together'. Though I do also love 'It's not what you teach your children but what you teach them to do for themselves that guides their success'. Hmmmm....good reminder.

Looking forward to this suportive space, thanks again Reachout.

eyintas/Empowering Youth in Tasmania
Prolific scribe
Luula

Re: I'm a newbie! Hello!

Welcome @taziness, great to have you here! 

And a big hello to our newest members @Bechelp and @sweet, please stop by and introduce yourself in this thread.

Super frequent scribe
Kalis

Re: I'm a newbie! Hello!

Hi @taziness! Love that your kids have a healthy sense of humour – even if it is at the expense of their elders. Them's the breaks huh Smiley Wink I can't wait to hear more of your parenting experience.

Also welcoming @suzie, @Braddie, @HellsBells (great name!), and @coastalmum. Hope you'll pop in and tell us about yourself.

Casual scribe
MumEJ

Hello!

Hi

1.  I have two beautiful kids - a boy (17) and a girl (14).  I am feeling really awful right now because answering this question has made me realise that I haven't laughed much with my kids lately.  I've allowed all the 'stuff' to get in the way and forgotten how important it is to make time to just have fun together!!   I feel like it's been a long time since my son made me laugh (maybe a few months).  The last thing I remember is him just clowning around when we had some Japanese students staying with us.  He has a really good sense of humour and makes a lot of people laugh.  My daughter recently made me laugh with her funny facial expressions while singing and dancing around.  

2.  My way of keeping my stress levels down is by going for a 2 hour walk each morning with my friend and our dogs and going to a meditation group one night a week.

3.  I found ReachOut by doing a search on google for an online parenting group.

4.  My tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years is to remember to laugh!  It's far too easy to get caught up in the stress of it all.  Take time to see the good in them, appreciate them and have fun.  Our time with them goes way too fast and before we know it they are wanting to lead their own lives.

5.  The best thing about weekends is not having to rush around in the morning, getting the kids to school and (hopefully) getting to see more of them during the day (when they're not hanging out with their friends and doing their own thing).

Scribe
Rubysixseven

Hi I'm a mum rubysixseven

So far I've found your website very helpful.

My son is 18 my daughter is 15.  My son suffers from depression.

He made me laugh with a youtube video.

I walk and cycle nearly every day.

I want to help my son.

My top tip to help parents is every day is a new day, you love your childeren and would do anything you can to support them.

Sleep ins! Coffee and catch up with family and friends!

Smiley Happy

Frequent scribe
BazanFan

Re: Hi I'm a mum rubysixseven

Welcome @Rubysixseven and @MumEJ. Can't wait to chat more around the forums! Feel free to start a new thread if you have any questions about your specific situations!