Need help now?

RO parents book club

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
Sophie-RO

RO parents book club

What have you been reading lately?

I have been reading Just Kids by Patti Smith... I love an autobiography/memoir and I love music so it's a good combo for me... I love reading about the 70s - just a smidge before my time, about New York back them and the friendship she had with Robert Mapplethorpe...

I love it... What's yours?

Frequent scribe
MeJane

Re: RO parents book club

Has anyone got any parenting books or books about teens they recommend?
Super frequent scribe
Maggiemay

I really enjoyed How to Talk so Teens will Listen & Listen so Teens will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.

Prolific scribe
Ben-RO

I'm reading Backyard Beekeeping by Courtenay N.Smithers. Pretty keen on getting an ethical hive before spring, so i have a lot to learn!

Keen to hear about more parenting focussed resources- and everything else of course. 

Founding member
Murgatroyd

I loved Just Kids. So evocative of the era and New York. I've just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. An amazing young adult fiction novel that had me in tears. Tip: buy a copy. The e-book didn't have the fantastic illustrations.

Super frequent scribe
AmyJay

Message contains a hyperlink

I am reading Big Little lies by Australian author Liane Moriarty. The mums will love it! It's hilarious.

"Big Little Lies is a brilliant take on ex-husbands and second wives, mothers and daughters, schoolyard scandal, and the dangerous little lies we tell ourselves just to survive". http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19486412-big-little-lies 

New member? Let us know what's on your mind by Starting a New Topic here. Or replying to one here.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Thanks for sharing @AmyJay - any other parents reading out there?
Contributor
readthemanual

I borrowed some books on psychology and memory from our local library recently. I am now on this casual one "use your brai to beat memory loss" by Rita Carter, after I had gone through the more serious one 'psychology demystified--a self-teaching guide' by A. Romero and S Kemp.

It's good to know that even though my brain is starting aging, I am not likely to have dementia and I can use my brain to beat memory loss.

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Contributor
Sophie-RO

hee hee @readthemanual - I feel you!
Active scribe
NickiPower

I've just finished reading Yes please! by Amy Poehler. While she's well known for her comedy, there's suprisingly a lot of self-discovery in the book.