Need help now?

RO parents book club

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Re: RO parents book club

I'd like to know what "'Transform Your Life', by GK Gyatso, a Buddhist monk," is like @taokat

Can you let me know after you've read it? 

Super star contributor
taokat

Absolutely @LovingThruBlue. Another fantastic book of his is 'How To Solve Our Human Problems'. It's great for reading parts as you feel the need. 

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @LovingThruBlue, I was just thinking of you and looked up this link for you. You can read an excerpt from How To Solve Our Human Problems, but it also provides a link to download a free e-book of Transform Your Life - A Blissful Journey. 

Thought you might like to check it out.

Edit - I'm sure the link would help!! Click here.

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

oooh thank you! @taokat
Super star contributor
taokat

My pleasure @LovingThruBlue Smiley Happy

Active scribe
SunnyAmy

I know it's a topic about books for parents but I have several recommendations for children's books.

My and my son's favorite is "Press here"-Hervé Tullet its great if you have toddler at home Smiley Happy 

I found several books that teach children emotions, correct behavior and how to get to know yourself.

such as "Mr.Men"- Roger Hargreaves it is a series of books about good and bad behaviors and how to deal with it. "The dot" - Peter H. Reynolds it's a book on how to believe in yourself. 
Many interesting books were recommended to me by ladies working in my sons's daycare.

Casual scribe
ceskia22

RO parents book club

HI there,

I'm reading two books at the moment, which I never usually do.  I must have space in my life at the moment!!!!  Not.

The first one is Claire Bowditch - Your own kind of girl.   Good, I share some similar life experiences as she did growing up so it is definitely pushing some emotional buttons for me, but great learnings to be had.

The second is Mia Freedmans - Work Stife Balance - more real life as it is now and can definitely relate to the work life balance with WFM Working from Home and school supervising at the moment. 

And what are you reading....?

Star contributor
TOM-RO

Hey @ceskia22 

Thanks so much for sharing. It sounds like you are reading some books that are relatable for you. Sounds like you're learning from these books and applying what's learnt to your real-life situation, which sounds lovely and useful!

I'm currently reading The Time Traveler's Wife which was recommended to me by my partner (who loves time travel).

Highlighted
Casual scribe
ceskia22

That is a fav of mine also, the movie was good too I thought.  

Contributor
Hannah-RO

Loved reading these posts about what people are reading! That Claire Bowditch book looks great @ceskia22, I might have to check it out.

One of the best parent - related books I've ever read was "Confessions of a Domestic Failure" by Bunmi Laditan. I am in a book club with some family members and when it was my month to pick I chose that one and I really loved it. It also led to some beautiful discussions about motherhood and its identity, and the expectations on women to parent in specific ways that are unrealistic - the book is also HILARIOUS! 

We're currently reading "On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous" by Ocean Vuong. Its written quite beautifully and is about family, written from the perspective of a son to his mother about relationships and Vietnamese culture. I am not too far in yet, but so far so good!