Need help now?

Today I'm grateful for...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Re: Today I'm grateful for...

@Faob_1  that sounds super impressive! I'd love to try growing eggplants, we have some beetroot, kale and other random stuff growing (from the Woolies seed promotions!) plus a few mandarin trees, but I can't wait to put bigger beds in. I tried zucchini once but it took over everything - last summer we had some accidental cherry tomatoes pop up from our compost that were really tasty too, when I actually tried to grow tomatoes I killed them, but these ones were indestructible! 

That's great that you had such wonderful words said about you, it's a huge thing to see students through year 12 I'm sure, and it's lovely to hear that they took the time to acknowledge it Smiley Happy 

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

@Faob_1 I really admire your openness to gratitude, and seeing the good happening within your working and home relationships- so powerful! It sounds like you have worked hard to keep those lines of communication open with your children, even in the tough times they can reach out and that is a testament to the supportive environment you foster Heart

Today I am grateful for my dog Oscar. No matter what may day is like, I come home and he is over the moon to see me. Reminds me how much love there is between pets and owners, such a beautiful bond I am grateful for!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Casual scribe
Bnee28

Having my family safe by my side

being able to tell my kids how much i love them

to have a nice comfy bed to sleep on 

Star contributor
Janine-RO

I love that @Bnee28 , it can be so easy to take those things for granted sometimes, but they really are some of the most important things in life.  How old are your kids @Bnee28 ? 

Today I'm grateful for being able to hug my kids every morning - even if the 3 year old has kicked me awake at 5am

Active scribe
blueskies

-Coffee....not just today....every day.
-A business partner who I can laugh with, when we really want to cry.
-For my mother in law who has come to stay with us through the holidays so I can focus on a hard time at work with a large standard audit pending 
-That my daughters anxiety is reasonably low this week
-That a naturopath has introduce a natural shake that might actually be working to support her (=no medication increase)

Star contributor
Janine-RO

@blueskies  I can definitely relate to the gratitude for coffee! We are still mostly working remotely and I really miss the morning walk I used to take with colleagues for our morning coffee, today I put my coffee in a keep cup and had a walk around the block. It wasn't quite the same, but it did me a lot of good to get away from the desk! 

Thank goodness for grandparents in the school holidays hey - today I am very grateful for my parents, who have taken my older child away for a few days of relaxing, beach time and bushwalks. 

Casual scribe
ptivere

My beautiful, healthy children. My health. Being able to choose my own way.

Casual scribe
OneReachout-

Today I am grateful for a clean house as had 4/5 hour spring clean and garden yesterday and overwhelmed by it, its so good

Casual scribe
OneReachout-

Today I am great full for my child eating 8 toast/veg, approx 2 litres water and 8 crackers and cheese, and going to loo. I am exhausted from jumping through hoops, navigating NDIS and school options/hospital admittance and etc

Prolific scribe
Portia_RO

Hey there @OneReachout- 

Thank you for sharing those reflections with the community. I just wanted to check in with you because it sounds like navigating NDIS has been pretty stressful (and you’re not alone with that feeling). If you ever need to vent or chat about it some more, feel free to create a thread - we’re here for you!