Need help now?

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

I was so hungry, we had an early dinner tonight, so I'm thinking about dessert now! Chocolate. Or ice cream...

Super star contributor
taokat

That's so good to hear @Snoopmum. That's awesome your son is so chilled about his trials. Is he prepared or is just chilled about life in general?

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm glad you guys are on the mend too @Snoopmum. Colds and flu are getting around at the moment. I've avoided the nasty flu this year, touch wood. 

Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

taokat ( not sure how I get your name to come up?)  he is very relaxed which is great.  My husband likes to think they are alike but I think he has a bit more of mum in him!!  We don't stress too much. At the same time though he is pretty focused on the task and puts the work in so no complaints about the way he is going at the mo. Mind you has no clue how to put the dishwasher on etc etc bu thats a work in progress..eh!!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

@Snoopmum my daughters in Year 11 too and in the middle of assessment tasks at the moment.  One of the reasons I have not been on the forums much in the last week as I have been helping her study.  What HSC subject is your son doing?   Go for the chocolate @taokat its too cold for icecream!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

@Snoopmum if you type "@" the people already in the conversation should automatically display.  You just click on the name you want.  If you want to tag someone not in the conversation, you will need to type their user name so the site can search for them.  

Highlighted
Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

Hi @Zoesplace  Rory is doing religion..one unit.  he loves it.  Great to get one subject done I guess.

Is your daughter going well? Does she worry ?

And yes @taokat have some chocolate..lots of it!

Super star contributor
taokat

Focus while being chilled out sounds perfect @Snoopmum! Good on him. Stress doesn't help anything. Haha, can any teenager do any of that stuff? My daughter was more capable as a child than she is now!! 

Chocolate it is @Zoesplace!

Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

@Zoesplace  thank you. got it.  I feel very much the novice on here!!  I have stopped double clicking and think that has stopped me posting everything twice!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Same here  @taokat 1 month ago I would have said that my daughter was more capable as a child too, however all of a sudden something has clicked and she has made some big improvements lately.

Isnt it great @Snoopmum when your kids really enjoy a subject they are studying.  Love seeing them learn and want to do well.  My daughter has never really enjoyed school. Spent more time out of the classroom than in it. In saying that she has put in a big effort in the last few weeks.  Its a good day when she attends every class lol