Need help now?

Welbeing Wednesday 9th Jan 2019 - Positive Relationships

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Wellbeing Wednesday Activity 9th Jan 2019!

@gina-Ro introduced the idea over here - and we will be posting a new activity each Wednesday for everyone to participate in if you'd like!

So this week, we're doing a bit of reflection on positive relationships in our support network and the impact these relationships have on our lives. 

Have a think about someone that acts as a support network/has a positive impact on your life? (this can be someone you know, or someone you look up to/who inspires you)

How does this person positively impact your life?

My example

My biggest support is my partner. He makes a positive impact on my life by providing unconditional love and support, and walking with me through tough times. 

Give it a go! 
If you want to try some of our other activities, you can check out the gratitude activity and the reflection on your 2018 year Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: Welbeing Wednesday 9th Jan 2019 - Positive Relationships

I am just going to tag some members who have been online this week Smiley Happy

@lizard0812 @sunflowermom @Jessicalin @Faob_1 @Bigbear @Hales123 @compassion @Love4ever @cchurting @cryingmum18

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

@Oceanmom@Dakotah @Help_needed @WorriedMum1

Also tagging some of our new members- @tazall@mother_of_6@Priceless@Anxietyfreeman Welcome! This might be a great space to make your first post Smiley Happy

Active scribe
Dakotah

My gym family are my biggest support , they listen , it’s my happy place, my stress relief, helps me be a better mum and cope with the challenges I face with my daughter, gives me down time away from home and lets me escape for a little while, I would be lost without my gym and the friendships I have there
Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

I have tons of support, its hard to pinpoint one person.  My mom, my best friend, husband, a couple work partners, a handful of forever friends, even my older son and younger daughter.  Everyone has made themselves available to me in every way and continues to be.  I am extremely grateful for that.

I have found over the past year If I want to be 100percent open and honest and not be afraid of any judgements the support I would use the most when things got brutal was my therapist and this site.

All of my loved ones are there to hug and console me but this site and my therapist lets me be completely open.

Prolific scribe
Jay-RO

Thank you for sharing your support network @Dakotah Smiley Happy I'm glad that you have found a wonderful community in your gym family.

It's wonderful that you have a lot of support around you @sunflowermom! Thank you for sharing them and their impact on you with us Smiley Happy I'm glad that they are able to support you in what you need.