Need help now?

When life is CRAZY & you're time poor how do you look after YOU?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

When life is CRAZY & you're time poor how do you look after YOU?

Super frequent scribe
AeroGirl

Re: When life is CRAZY & you're time poor how do you look after YOU?

Hi @taokat, I love the idea of the gratitude cards. Tell us more about those....

And learning to apologise to yourself for saying unkind things. That's a powerful thing to do ( I think we sometimes forget how powerful words can be, even to ourselves). I'm going to adopt this practice! Thanks for sharing 

Prolific scribe
Lily17

I am having to build a new fence on the patio area to keep those feathered friends out of the house. Much like dogs they like to come in and look around for any crumbs. When it is wet - I am currently doing the laundry room. But only until 3p as my SN girl can't stand noise..

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Hey @AeroGirl, the cards are awesome, I love them. I bought them in the city over 20 years!  They're just little cards, all with just a word on them.  They're all incredibly varied, and I call them my gratitude cards, as each word I randomly pick out, I think of something to be thankful for, or aware of in my life. Every thought around them must be positive. 

My psychologist asked me if I'd ever not apologise to my best friend if I'd said something mean. Naturally the answer was no, so she reminded me I'm my own best friend, so SAY SORRY! Haha, so now I do. Yes, please, adopt away!

Gratitude cards.jpg

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Great ideas everyone! I had forgotten how much I love to write to-do lists so you've reminded me Smiley Happy And I think I need chickens because that sounds so cool! @Lily17

Prolific scribe
Orbit64

I like to cook.
Creative and turns off thinking about other stuff.

Get a job done and chill out for a little.
E.g. Get several loads of washing and drying done at the laundromat, sit and have a read while washing and drying.

Throw the ball for the dog.