emotions stuck ... ever heard these 

a pain in the neck 

a pain in the butt

stab in the eye

just a few possibly coming from an emotion response of an event 

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Yoga - Active Topic!

That's really good to know that yoga helps get rid of emotions held in our bodies. I'm having EMDR treatment for that same purpose, so combined with yoga I'm going to be clear as a whistle! Did a meditation class tonight - ahhhh Smiley Happy 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @taokat  Is this the Wii Yoga? Want to review it?

Super star contributor
taokat

That's the one @Ngaio-RO. I'd be happy to review it. I'll do it in the next couple of days Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Red21

Just outa another yoga class
On school holidays for one more week
First week my kids went to their dads
It is always an emotional roller coaster for kids and I with their father
So week 1 I do as much yoga as possible
No passport so no bali trips lol
But to the local beach and yoga studio every day
Then I clear and cleanse the house as u do my mind and body
I feel amazing after a week of retreat

Week 2 my awesome kids are home
Takes them a while to settle
And for me too

Now for reality of enrolling so. For home schooling and another try at autism diagnosis at 16 -

Kids and I are off for a days holiday overnight down south ... small achievable steps - this time with sons girlfriend who has bi polar and trauma history mixed with much more. No doubt it will have its up and downs yet I will be compassionate and pray for a happy family holiday . It is at my daughters favourite spot - fingers crossed .

Good luck with Wednesday night online live forum - woo hoo

Super star contributor
taokat

I hope you all had an enjoyable day trip @Red21. It sounds like your son's girlfriend has a lot to deal with. Patience and compassion are the essential elements aren't they!

My review of Wii Yoga ((WiiFit) - we have the original Wii and the Yoga does require the Wii Fit board. My favourite thing about it is that it maps your centre of gravity. It really helps me become conscious of my balance, and teaches me how to correct it through posture. 

You start by choosing your trainer, male or female, who demonstrates the positions, then does them with you. You earn points based on your centre of gravity and the pressure on the board by your feet or hands. 

You only have limited positions to start with so unless you have progressed fairly well, it is pretty basic. As you progress though you unlock further levels that have more yoga positions. That takes time and practice.

In that respect it doesn't really give a well rounded yoga workout to begin with. However, it is a great starter, and if you're going to yoga classes already, a great way to practice at home whenever you wish. And as I said, visually seeing how your centre of gravity changes, allows you to see what works to maintain it - that's a hit for me.

Before starting you can also find out your BMI and set goals to work towards.

My goal is to use my Wii yoga in combination with yoga classes :-) 

Prolific scribe
Red21

@taokat

Thanks for the Wii yoga info. Yes we tried it here with my daughter and her friend .

Set up was slow but think that's a one off ... it was fun !

Any yoga is good I feel ... can't go wrong win win.

How's your practice going?
Do you notice you how your body/mind/breathe feels when onthe days u do and the days u do t ? Is there a difference?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Welcome back @Red21
Any chance you'd like to start a thread about how your weekend went? I'm sure your insights will be super helpful for others.
Prolific scribe
Red21

Yes a wonderful idea ... tonight I'll write - poss be a poem ! As usual lol
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Ha wonderful @Red21
My colleague commented on one of your posts the other day. She said "it's like reading a poem".

My fantasy would be to one day turn all the amazing posts into the world's best parenting manual, yours will have to be a separate 'poetry anthology' edition. 😊