Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What advice would you give your younger self? 6th April @8pm (AEST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What advice would you give your younger self? 6th April @8pm (AEST)

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What advice would you give your younger self? 6th April @8pm (AEST)

We have had a few ups and downs lately @taokat. Got her booked to see a new psychologist this week.

How have you and your daughter been?

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What advice would you give your younger self? 6th April @8pm (AEST)

I'm sorry to hear that @Zoesplace. That's great you have a new psychologist - hopefully they'll be the right fit. How are you managing the rollercoaster?

We've had our ups and downs recently too, but things are settled again now thank goodness.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

I try and pass on some wisdom to my daughter.  I think she hears some of it, depends on how she is feeling at the time.  Although, I certainly don't have all the answers.  What might work for me - may not work for her.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Its definitely exhausting @taokat I cant even begin to imagine what it is like for her when she is feeling low  

Super star contributor
taokat

Same @Zoesplace, and I would've first said that my daughter doesn't listen, however her actions do sometimes show that some of it does get through. 

I think they sift out what's relevant for them and what's not, because as you say, what works for me may not work for my girl. 

Super star contributor
taokat

It sure is @Zoesplace. If we can offer you any support, we're here. 

I really love that you know how hard it must be for your daughter as well during the difficult times. We sometimes just see their behaviour, but it is just a reflection of what's happening inside for them isn't it.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Totally agree @taokat  Behaviour is so often linked to whats going on inside

Super star contributor
taokat

That makes me think of another piece of advice - for my younger self, current self, and older self - remember everyone has something going on for them. Always show compassion.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Couldn't have said it better @taokat Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Are there any other gems you can think of @Zoesplace or @Erin-RO?