Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What do you do for self care? 15th December @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What do you do for self care? 15th December @8pm (AEDST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What do you do for self care? 15th December @8pm (AEDST)

That guilt can be so overpowering @Chalke5. I'll admit (going back to @Nick-RO's post) that the idea of putting the mask on myself before doing it for my child, didn't sit right with me for a very long time. Wouldn't that make me selfish and a bad parent??! I couldn't get my head around it.

After time and practice though, it does make sense to me now. I can't look after the needs of my daughter when I'm depleted, it just doesn't work. It does feel so weird at first!

Contributor
Nick-RO

I am going to have to sign off - thanks so much for hosting tonight @taokat and was lovely to hang out with both you and @Chalke5.

I know I was joking about this before - but being here tonight is also really great self care - spending time with amazing and caring people and chatting - it is a great example!

Super star contributor
taokat

Thank you so much @Chalke5!

What you've said to me, is something you could try saying to yourself - you deserve it too! Smiley Happy

@Nick-RO your dog is gorgeous!! I get that at times it wouldn't be so fun taking her for a walk but getting out on your own for some head clearing space is so good. And animals are such good companions! We have two cats and our oldest one picks up on my daughter's moods and offers love and comfort when it's needed. Pets are amazing.

Prolific scribe
Chalke5

thanks @taokat and @Nick-RO, feel better after hearing your stories.  take care and catch up soon.

Super star contributor
taokat

Thanks so much for joining us @Nick-RO! With everything that's been going on I was going to skip running tonight's chat, but thought the same - it's time for me, and I love chatting with awesome people too, so got it going! Self care time for sure!

I'll edit my previous post too - apologies to your beautiful girl who I called a 'him'!!

Super star contributor
taokat

Our time's up tonight! It's really flown by! Thank you so much for joining us @Chalke5, and I hope we've helped you feel more deserving of doing things specially for you Heart

Take care everyone! 

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Mum25, I'm sorry we missed you tonight! I'll tag you again next week. We're in NSW on daylight saving time, so I hope that wasn't an issue for you!

I hope you were still able to get something from tonights chat Smiley Happy