Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

Contributor
Sister

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

Yes....my son likes to pat him from time to time. I think this is good for both of them!

What about your daughter.....is she affectionate with the cats and does she/you have a favourite?

Super star contributor
taokat

Aw that's lovely he goes visiting! My brother's cat stays with my parents and their cat when he goes away. 

Mine are 5 and 6 years old, but the older one is the boss! 

They both sleep on my bed Smiley Happy What about yours?

Prolific scribe
Erin-RO

Hey @taokat and @Sister I agree pets are amazing, I'll have to represent the dog people though lol

I have 2 dogs a dachshund and a kelpie x sharpei (the dogs with all the folds of skin from the toilet paper ads! lol)

The kelpie x got out for a couple of hours once and I was beside myself, I can't imagine going 44 days!

Super star contributor
taokat

My daughter loves them to pieces. She comes out and cuddles them or plays with them all the time these days. She's not an affectionate kid but is different with them. 

She loves them both, for different reasons. They're both characters!

Contributor
Sister

On my bed, sometimes the lounge and occasionally a chair....a creature of change.

I knitted him a rug (gran that i am!) but he is naughty and prefers the bed.

My son closes his door (of course!) so the cat wont sleep there. But the cat often goes into my sons room when he is not there.

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Erin-RO, awesome to see you! Well, you know what I mean! lol

Go the dogs too! What an interesting cross, I bet he's gorgeous!

I would love a dog but no room here! I used to have a german shephard x black lab. He was beautiful but was hit by a car. We had a familly dog growing up - Old English Sheepdog. We still talk about him and all get teary! 

Contributor
Sister

Lucky you Erin having 2 dogs!! Would adore a dog for my son but living in a unit mightn"t be the best.

Taokat...thats so good your daughter responds well with the cats. They seem really good for her.

Contributor
Sister

So sorry about your family dog! One day Taokat, we'lll get a dog for our kids! Wouldn't it be fab? They really make a home, don't they?

Super star contributor
taokat

Yeah, my daughter has her door closed as well @Sister, and the cats want to go in, but when she shuts the door they want to come back out. They don't like being closed in, even if I shut my door, they'll want to go back out.

We have 2 cats beds, a cat stand, but the eldest loves the beanbag during the day! If I wash the cushions in the beds then cuddle them, she'll sleep on them for a little while.

Contributor
Sister

Thats cute, @taokat.....they seem a special part of your lives.

@Erin-RO...do you have any other animals other than the dogs?