Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What is your favourite vacation spot? 22nd December @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What is your favourite vacation spot? 22nd December @8pm (AEDST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What is your favourite vacation spot? 22nd December @8pm (AEDST)

It sounds lovely where you live! I can see why a tropical holiday wouldn't have the attraction - why pay when you have it at home! 

I was thinking today that my holiday tastes are prettly broad! Beachside, the snow, the country - love them all!

Contributor
Nick-RO

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What is your favourite vacation spot? 22nd December @8pm (AEDST)

Is it all about activities for you or scenery or culture?

Super star contributor
taokat

It really depends. Going to the snow is all about skiing.

We have relatives who live in the country where I grew up - that's about relaxation and enjoying company.

I haven't had a cultural holiday as such, but never say never. There are places I'd love to visit for their history - famous cities down to old cemetaries.

Contributor
Nick-RO

I get it.  So - if money, time, responsibilities were no barrier - where is the one place in the world you would take off to tomorrow?

Super star contributor
taokat

I'd LOVE to go on a working holiday to Nepal, helping build a house for a family, then have a couple of weeks travelling. That's my dream. One day I'll get there!

How about you @Nick-RO?

Contributor
Nick-RO

I would like to go somewhere to learn something specific - perhaps I would learn to tango in Argentina!  

I think your dream sounds amazing @taokat - with that and your garden building today it sounds like you have some serious skills!

Contributor
Nick-RO

I am going to have to head off now @taokat.  Thanks so much for hosting again tonight - just what I needed after a long week - I am going to have to stop myself from researching dream holidays on the internet all weekend now though!

Have a wonderful weekend - and a great Xmas on Monday!

Super star contributor
taokat

Now that sounds like fun @Nick-RO! I love the idea of going somewhere to learn something new.

My working holiday would be learning too - there are two organisations that run volunteer trips to Nepal. I can't actually build! But I'd learn! And I want to learn about the food. 

Super star contributor
taokat

I was only thinking your popping in for a sec was a long sec! Thank you so much for joining in tonight @Nick-RO.

Haha, I've started something!! There are worse things you could be researching though!

Thank you, you have a lovely weekeknd and Xmas too! Enjoy the break! 

Super star contributor
taokat

We'll finish up for tonight.

We'll have a short break over this holiday period and be back for Ab Fab Friday's on 5th January 2018.

Have safe and happy holidays everyone, whether you're travelling or staying at home! Smiley Happy