Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - Who has been the most influencial person in your life? 12 January @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - Who has been the most influencial person in your life? 12 January @8pm (AEDST)

Contributor
Nick-RO

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - Who has been the most influencial person in your life? 12 January @8pm (AEDST)

Great topic this week!  Who is the most influential person for you?

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - Who has been the most influencial person in your life? 12 January @8pm (AEDST)

It's an interesting one isn't it! 

Well, I've had a few that have had a huge impact on my life. The person who is still in my thoughts is a case worker we had for a couple of years when my daughter was 12-13. She was able to connect with my daughter when all others failed. She was patient and compassionate with me as a parent and taught me so, so much about both myself and my daughter. She was amazing!!

Contributor
Nick-RO

Amazing - it is a special gift if someone can give others a tool or a skill that they can take with them for the rest of their lives.

Super star contributor
taokat

It really is! It allows us to help ourselves and not remain dependent on the service for support. I do miss her though! 

Contributor
Nick-RO

Did you ever get a chance to thank her or tell her how influential she was to you?

Super star contributor
taokat

Oh yes! She didn't get away without knowing how much she helped and how grateful I was.

Contributor
Nick-RO

That is fantastic - even though you miss her at least you left her with that!

Super star contributor
taokat

Hopefully. I think it's important to let others know when they've impacted us so positively. 

Who has that person been for you @Nick-RO?

Contributor
Nick-RO

I don't think I have one person - I have taken inspiration and bits and pieces from lots of people (both in my life and fictional) and obsessed about those little pieces/used them as inspiration in my life.  A lot of them were from when I was a teenager and trying to work out what values were really important to me.

Super star contributor
taokat

I like that @Nick-RO. And I think it's a great philosophy - to always be open to inspiration from wherever it comes. 

Thanks for participating tonight! See you in the forum.

Have a fab weekend Smiley Happy