Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - Women you admire most - 9th March @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Come along and join us this week for Ab Fab Friday's, 9th March @8pm (AEDST)!!!

Topic for discussion: Who are the women you admire most?

Thursday 8th March is International Women's Day, so to tie in with that I thought it'd be appropriate to pay homage to the woman or women we most admire! Many names come to mind for me, for a range of reasons! How about you? 

Image result for international womens day

How do I take part?

Simply come back to this thread at 8pm Friday night and start chatting! Smiley Happy

Contributor
Sister

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - Women you admire most - 9th March @8pm (AEDST)

Hi @taokat and Others,

A woman whom I admire is Petrea King who wrote the book "Quest for Life".

She had a life threatening condition and then used natural remedies to help herself. She also suffered trauma as a child and used all of her experiences to help others. Has retreats for people who have cancer and PTSD.

This is a woman who has walked in others shoes.

Contributor
Sister

Looks like everyone is either out and about or asleep (if they're lucky!), so shall "say" 

"Nighty night" now.

@Sister

Contributor
Sister

PS.  I just realised I probably shouldn't have mentioned the book title in the previous post....it wasnt a sales pitch....I promise!

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @Sister, I am SO sorry I missed tonight!! I was on earlier and things were quiet so I thought I'd lie on the lounge for an hour...just woken up now!!! Slept right through my alarm Smiley Frustrated

I must've needed the sleep but I feel so bad for missing our conversation. We usually don't keep the thread going after it's finished but had to give my apologies.

I'm going to have a read of the book you mentioned. Petrea King sounds like an amazing woman, thank you so much for sharing. The name of the book is absolutely okay, it's just links or as you say, people posting for commercial gain, which we know you haven't! 

And a belated happy International Women's Day to you, you fabulous woman @SisterSmiley Happy

Contributor
Sister

No probs at all @taokat. You must have really need the rest.

Take care of yourself. Hope all is ok with daughter and TAFE.

Catch up soon,

Sis