Need help now?

Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm AEDST

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm AEDST

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm A

Haha @the_ant65, you're absolutely right!! We've got salted caramel ice cream that I think I might have to get...

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Re: Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm A

I'm not a huge ice cream fan @the_ant65.  I like it, but can do without it... I just wanted to eat one before my husband ate them all!!   You gotta be quick when there are ice creams in this house-  hehhehe  

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

Yes weekend off
Super star contributor
taokat

Those are really great lessons @Zoesplace. We so often think, "I'll do this when...". And loved ones - very important!! I don't see one of my cousins often at all as she lives in Melbourne, so today was special. I love photos. They are really special to me and a great way to remember our lives.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

i love my weekends off @the_ant65 I use to have my own business, so there was never any real time off.  Now I work for someone else, my weekends are mine again Smiley Happy

Finished my icecream @taokat ... sooo much easier typing with 2 hands.  How was your nap ?

Super star contributor
taokat

Same in our house with anything yummy @Zoesplace. I go to get something I've been looking forward to and they're all gone!!

One lesson I've learned in life is that it's important to do what you want to do. This one's come up this week with my daughter. There'll always be someone who's going to judge us, so we may as well be doing what makes us happy. 

Super star contributor
taokat

My nap was great @Zoesplace! Got a good couple of hours. My daughter's at work so it's quiet on the home front. 

Just got the ice cream - I've had one bowl out of the tub - there's a few spoonfuls left!! Smiley Very Happy

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Couldn't agree more @taokat you should do what you want to do...  Too many people working in jobs they don't like, relationships that don't make them happy, etc.  Life is too short..

How about you @the_ant65  what important lessons have you learned ?

Super star contributor
taokat

Another life lesson I love is try not judge others we never know what they've been through. The person who gives you the biggest frown often needs the biggest smile in return.

And the value of a smile - HUGE! Smiling at someone can immediately change their mood.

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

Bit hard to think on a Friday night. But I didn’t appreciate what my parents went through until I  had  a boy of my own. And they had 8 of us.