Need help now?

Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Re: Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

I am very sad because I had to resign from a second job I love today cause I need to be there more for my son at the moment Smiley Sad(
Super star contributor
taokat

I'm sorry you've needed to give up something you love @lizard0812. It can be hard but did you feel the decision was kinda made for you? I had to resign in 2013 to be here for my daughter as well. It's been the best thing for her, but I'm hanging to get back to work.

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Things are ok. He's been pretty good I keep waiting for our world to erupt again
Contributor
Beingme2017

oh that sounds like it was a hard decision to make @lizard0812

Is it something you can go back to, or at least something similar down the track?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Heyyyy @Beingme2017 So awesome to have you here. We missed you!!!

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

I had to make the decision for both kids and myself but it was such a hard decision. Oh still have another place of work was trying to work two places to provide for the kids but it just made things much worse
Super star contributor
taokat

I've had a few conversations recently about how we as parents are often fearing the worst. Have you got any techniques to help calm those thoughts?

Contributor
Beingme2017

aww thankyou @Ngaio-RO that's very lovely to hear Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

I agree with @Ngaio-RO, you've been really missed @Beingme2017! It's great to have you here tonight Smiley Happy

Contributor
Beingme2017

@taokat I am definitely one of those people who fear the worst and look at the worse case scenarios and all the doom and gloom that could come from a situation. Unfortunately it goes hand in hand with my anxiety.

Im not a fan of Cognitive behaviour therapy techniques. But I guess in a way that's sort of how I try and cope. Once Ive done my catastrophizing I seem to be able to get a better grip on alternative outcomes and remind myself more of them