Need help now?

Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Re: Ab Fab Fridays is kicking off!! 6th October @ 8pm (EDST)

taokat I know its just so hard at times.  I was told the other day we still need to let them make mistakes its normal but I its hard when they are going so well and the household is happy

Contributor
Beingme2017

I feel one of the hardest things is to accept that slowly little by little we just have less and less control over who they are, and the choices (and mistakes) they end up making.

Its painful. But I guess its an inevitable part of them growing up and away from us especially those early teen years.

Super star contributor
taokat

I hear ya @lizard0812! That piece of advice is true, but what parents wants to see our kids hurt, upset, or struggling. And as you say, when they're going along smoothly, you don't want anything to mess that up! Completely normal as a parent I think.

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

yeah so very true I guess

Contributor
Beingme2017

I am going to have to run Im so sorry but glad I could make it here for a bit of a chat!

I hope you guys have a good weekend, and hopefully can chat again soon

@Ngaio-RO @lizard0812 @taokat

Super star contributor
taokat

You're spot on @Beingme2017. All we can do is trust in the foundations we've hopefully helped them build. 

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

taokat I agree the hardest thing in my life is seeing my kids suffering.   so when we get them a bit more settled the thought of them having to suffer again is just horrible 

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm so glad you could make it @Beingme2017. Enjoy the rest of your night and your weekend too. Bye for now Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

I agree, it's gotta be one of the hardest things in life I reckon @lizard0812

I've learned over the last few years with my daughter that she has grown within herself and is learning from mistakes. She gets to learn about herself. Work out her boundaries and beliefs. It's the one thing that I keep telling myself - this is her life and she needs to learn how to manage in it - age appropriate of course. I wish I could say it lessened my pain, but it's helped me realise my job is to guide and support her. 

Super star contributor
taokat

Where has the time gone?! It's 9pm and time to say goodbye for this week.

@ust quickly, @lizard0812, I reckon we should start a thread on coping techniques for dealing with the emotion of parenting. What do you think?