Need help now?

Bringing Back the Wednesday Wrap!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

Wednesday Wrap is a monthly discussion hosted on, you guessed it, Wednesday nights!!

We arrange a guest speaker. An expert in an area that you have told us you want to discuss.

We arrange for them to be online at 7pm and they answer your questions for an hour or so.

We stopped doing them for a while...but now we're bringing them back!

Saturday Night Live snl saturday night live kristen wiig season 42 GIF

The first one will be Wednesday the 19th April. So only 2 weeks from now.

I can't wait to tell you who our very first guest will be!! It's going to be incredible!

Manchester City happy soccer excited fan GIF

Get hyped folks! And clear your schedule!!

Prolific scribe
Red21

Re: Bringing Back the Wednesday Wrap!

Super hyped @Ngaio-RO ... !  I am always up for some learning ... and some fun! 

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

Looking forward to it - I've cleared my night !
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's what I want to hear @Big_Crab. I will have the details for everyone very, very soon!

Super star contributor
taokat

Awesome, sounds great @Ngaio-RO!

The 19th is my daughter's birthday so I might miss that one, but look forward to participating! Smiley Happy

I love your gifs! Where do you find them?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

If I tell you @taokat Then I'd have to kill you...

excited laugh oh exciting dr evil GIF

I either Google something like 'evil laugh gif' or I go here.

drink bill murray pointing youre welcome GIF

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

Ok, folks, I have some good news and some bad news.

First the bad news. The Special Guest I had planned for next week has had to cancel due to a family emergency.

sad crying omfg i cant sobbing GIF

The good news is, Wednesday Wrap will go ahead and I'll be doing the presentation!

Image result for disappointed gif

Frequent scribe
JenniferS

sorry i am late to the convo (& apologies if this has been asked/answered before, just point me in the right direction if it has) . . . this sounds great.  what format does it take?  is it text only interaction or does it use another format/software?  do we register for it? i reckon 7pm may be a touch early (dinner/dishes/homework/etc etc), is there a chance for other future sessions to occur a bit later when families are more settled and there is a bit more quiet happening, ie. after 8.30 for example?

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Red21

Sounds like a great plan and opportunity ... we have a family meal on Wednesday nights out at our local sushi 🍣 train 🚂. A possible future commitment of karate lessons also for my daughters self esteem Etc is planned , hope she goes ahead with, continuation is a challenge for her. Can u ask ... the time is it EST timing or PST ?
Thanks I am sure there are some other sand gropers here online who may need to know.
Thanks
Thinking of you all

I am presently in hols from work (school) and have been in retreat in yoga - did u miss me ? Lol

So much to let go of from the start of the year - get to let go body mind and soul as well as house cleansing every school terms end to minimise that acculmulatiin of negative energies . Feeling awesome at mo.
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Thank you for the gif link @Ngaio-RO - and the lol's! Love it. That's a shame about the guest speaker, but I look forward to you presenting. I should be able to make it, birthday celebrations should be over by 8.

Hi @JenniferS, I know it's held online and starts at 8pm Sydney time. We're also starting up a weekly chat night for parents to engage in real time. I'd love it if you can make it. It's likely to be Wednesday nights at 8pm, with the guest speaker once a month. Have a look at the link here if you're interested.

Of course we've missed you @Red21! Yoga retreat sounds like great soul food. Roll around in that awesome feeling!