Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Christmas Traditions!

Message contains an image

Happy Holidays!

Image result for happy holidays"

This time of year always makes me think of the things each family does to celebrate Christmas and the Holiday season. 

Do you have any traditions with your families to celebrate Christmas?

Just going to tag all our amazing members who have logged in over the last 2 weeks Smiley Happy

@20201361 @4MyDaughter @annugupta02 @Beetle111 @Breathe123 @chippy @compassion @ConcernedMum17 @connectedness69 @crane_skyline @Dadio @dandelion @Deeparoy @Eato4938 @Faob_1 @Fe12ty @Froggirl @Fullhouse @georgi-li @Hanmama10 @HarryRose @heathersmith @HippyMummy @Hmd24 @Hopefull16 @JacobO @JAKGR8 @Jjackie @JooJoo3-2_1 @jphole @Js6112 @Kazliz @klaus101 @Laura96 @Lerato @littlelezah @Lovingmom0812 @Luka101 @MamaT @Mandy @manraskita @Meg45 @millsc @MomForJustice @Mommaofone @mstirau @mugs1170 @Nakita @Nicola0209 @noithatcholon @NorthShoreDad @Orbit64 @Overmom @PapaBill @PurpleRoses @RitaWong @Shortstuff2 @sunflowermom @Tinydog @Tomorrow @William @Wishful @Wright101

Check out our community activities calendar here
Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

Re: Christmas Traditions!

Happy Holidays!
We do an ice skating trip followed by a dinner out. The kids look forward to it every year and every year I pray I don't fall on the ice. Lol
Contributor
Bre-RO

That sounds lovely @sunflowermom Heart Being that in Australia Christmas time is quite hot, it is really cool to think about what a white Christmas would be like. We hope you don't fall on the ice this year! Heart 

Star contributor
Janine-RO

That sounds so lovely @sunflowermom ! Is it cold where you are? My kids would love to see a white christmas one day. 

I've carried on a few little traditions from my childhood for my kids - we always leave a pillowcase out for Santa presents (not sure why it's not a stocking, I suspect maybe my mum wanted to be thrifty!), and cookies, plus sometimes a beer Smiley Wink And we always have to leave carrots outside for Rudolph and his reindeer so that they can be discovered, nibbled, in the morning. 

Lately we've started going for a walk in our neighbourhood to check out the streets where people put up lots of Xmas lights, it's always a really lovely way to get into the festive spirit - and there's usually a few Mr Whippy icecream vans which my kids get very excited about Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Message contains an image

Image result for australia xmas beach

I can't believe it's almost Xmas! 

I hope all of our parents in the community are surviving the craziness that can be the leadup to Christmas OK. 

I am quietly feeling grateful that I don't have to participate in my most disliked Xmas Eve  tradition of the last-minute dash to the shops for things I've forgotten!! 

This is pretty much my nightmare..

Image result for xmas eve shopping gif

One tradition I'm really looking forward to is spending some time at the beach on Christmas day with my family. We'll be spending a bit of time close to the beach with my family, and I love having a morning swim after we've done presents and coffee. 

I hope you all have a relaxing festive season. It's sometimes a difficult time for a lot of people, so please feel free to check in to the forums for support if you need it.