Dealing with 16yr son

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scribe

Dealing with 16yr son

Hi. My 16yr son is doing my head in. He constantly lies, argues, questions everything, is never wrong and never takes responsibility. He recently got expelled from school for having weed in his bag and claims it wasn’t his. He was taken to the police station and questioned. Everything turns into an argument when I try and put boundaries in place and discipline him. He claims it’s not the end of the world and why do I have to be like this, that I ruin everything for him he’s not a baby he’s 16. I don’t trust him. I know he’s hanging with wrong crowd and making bad choices but he turns everything back on to me. I can’t keep him as a prisoner and don’t think it’s right to tell people he considers friends to stay away from him. He’s doing my head in.
Mod

Re: Dealing with 16yr son

Hey @kcsmum, thanks for sharing that with us. It sounds like your family is going through a lot at the moment. It is really hard to place boundaries at times for some parents. Are there any supports that you have in place to assist you with this journey, for both yourself and your son? It is important to look after yourself through all this too as it sounds like you are experiencing some criticism from your son Heart
Casual scribe

Re: Dealing with 16yr son

Its really tricky to handle things with our sons at this age . As i think our Adolescents needs us to be their friends not just parents give them an orders, they are just need feel we are respect them, see them and hear them. Argument  and curiosity are normal in this age and as a parents we should  have discussion with our kids and satisfied their curiosity.