Need help now?

Is anyone else feeling unsupported with a teenager that has anxiety ?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Is anyone else feeling unsupported with a teenager that has anxiety ?

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Is anyone else feeling unsupported with a teenager that has anxiety ?

Thank you @Caz01 and @sunflowermom. Yes, it certainly feels like this rollercoaster will never end, it's just one thing after another at the moment! My daughter was put back on her previous medication which was something, but turned up for her work placement for tafe on Monday and they didn't know she was coming. Tafe not only hadn't confirmed her placement despite giving her all the details, they hadn't even bothered to email the workplace in regards to changing my daughter's hours the previous week. 

It's just one battle after the next with a child with mental health issues and I'm just exhausted, emotionally, mentally and physically. 

@Caz01 any kind of exercise I think has some benefit I think! It's time out from everything else that's going on and does get those feel good chemicals flowing. That's great you've been able to continue working, although I bet being self-employed comes with it's own pressures as well.

I'm going to have a look at the apps as well, thanks for sharing guys Smiley Happy