Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Active scribe
Beemum

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

New member 🙂
Mum to three amazing girls aged 19, 12 & 8. We have a dog Jet, Snap the kitten and Hermit the Mexican fighting fish. Also an ant colony has set up traffic in my kitchen 🤪

Dad/husband is an executive and I run my own small business in Sydney. I love the great out doors, beach, bush or in the garden is where I feel at ease.

I didn’t have a childhood persay and my husband is similar but a very different story. Both sides have mental health issues and varied.

Reach out has given me the space to unpack some of my shame files in a non judgemental forum- where life is messy, imperfect but fabulous at the same time.

Before I became a mum, I thought I knew everything.... after giving birth I realised I had only just begun to learn xx
Scribe
Thegooddadntb

Hello my name is John I'm 51 I have 5 kids and my youngest one who is 15 is my Triple A football player who has a career and just turned 15 and now is into smoking pot I've caught him red-handed smoking in his room just tears me apart I don't know what to do no more I'm at the end of my rope I want thoughts of bringing the police involved I don't know whether or not that's a good idea I'm stumped I really need to be guided here to be that good father.

I even had the professional team president show up at the house and give him a grantor to the Lum night of the all the team members just to show what he could do in the future take the right road on the left Road thanks for letting me that but I do need help my name is John

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Welcome @Beemum!!! 

GREAT pet names! - Jet, Snap, and Hermit! 

I so agree that life is messy, imperfect and fabulous at the same time .. love that. Heart 

Excited for more to come from you around the forums !

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Thegooddadntb and welcome to our forums! And thank you for reaching out to get support  - it sounds like a really challenging situation with your son. 

I have edited a few things from your post just to keep with our guidelines around confidentiality which you can check out here 

I also think you might benefit from creating your own post over here and explain a bit more about what's going on so that our other members can provide you with some insights and supports. 

It's important that you know that we are an Australian based forum, so we best support people within Australia - particularity when it comes to referring to services, and giving advice around where to go for support. 

However, you may still benefit from hearing other parent's experiences and ideas. 

Hope to hear from you again soon 

Casual scribe
Veronica

Hello. I am a mum to two girls aged 14.5 and 12.  

1. I danced with my daughter and couldn't stop laughing as it had been a while since I danced

2. Take lots of deep breaths

3. I saw an advert behind a bus.

4. Be patient

5. Relaxing and recharging

Super star contributor
taokat

Welcome to the forum @Veronica, and thank you for answering the questions. It sounds like your dancing was loads of fun, and a great way to bond with your daughter. 

Weekends: Relaxing and recharging - the perfect weekend!

We look forward to seeing you around the forum Smiley Happy

Active scribe
Langus

Hi everyone. I hope I have come to the right place.

1. I am a stepmother to a 16 year old girl.
2. To de-stress I drink wine. 
3. My step daughter is 16 and had her Year 10 senior pathways night at school last night. We went along and she was so overwhelmed and her anxiety rose to 100% and she ended up lashing out at the people trying to help her - her dad and I. I realised that she lack resilience and emotional intelligence and I want to help her build those in preparation for Year 11 + 12 and the rest of her life.
4. Breathe...
5. Sleep.

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome to the forum @Langus, you have certainly come to the right place Smiley Happy

Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing a bit about yourself with us. It’s so lovely that you’re so supportive of your stepdaughter and are looking for ways to help her. 

Have a read through the forum or start a new topic here for more support from the community Smiley Happy

Casual scribe
Motherslove333

Hi, I'm a mum of 5. 2 step children and 3 of my own. What made me laugh today is when my youngest lil miss 9 turned to me and said " you gotta be kidding me" when i told her its time to get out of bed.
I have 1 son who is showing me that teenage boys can be very trying towards their mum. He is my first born. And i am struggling emotionally, which is qhat jas brought me to this group. Advice i have to give other mums with teenagers; find a way to love them even when they hate you.
Casual scribe
Motherslove333

Hi, I'm a mum of 5. 2 step children and 3 of my own. What made me laugh today is when my youngest lil miss 9 turned to me and said " you gotta be kidding me" when i told her its time to get out of bed.
I have 1 son who is showing me that teenage boys can be very trying towards their mum. He is my first born. And i am struggling emotionally, which is qhat jas brought me to this group. Advice i have to give other mums with teenagers; find a way to love them even when they hate you.