Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Awesome stuff and welcome aboard @Motherslove333! Sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. Please feel free to make your own thread to discuss your emotional struggle whenever you are ready. If you need any help navigating the forums, just leave a comment and anyone will be happy to answer Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

It’s great to have you part of the community @Motherslove333, welcome! 

I must be tired, I first read your post as saying you had 5.2 step children and 3 of your own lol! 

Your youngest sounds like a character! I’m sorry to hear things are tough with your son. The teenage years can seem impossible to navigate sometimes, and reaching out for support from other parents I’ve found to be invaluable. 

What awesome advice too - “find a way to love them even when they hate you.” 

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hello to our newest Parents Forums members @Nanny1 @Nick2000 @Withhopes @Cruise and @mitchellforums, and Welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy You are welcome to post a bit more about yourself here so we can get to know you better. We look forward to speaking with you more Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Scribe
TiVo01

Hello, I am the proud parent of 2 teenage girls (17 and 13). I have joined because my 13 year has revealed to me that she believes she is pansexual and I would like to do my best in supporting her through her journey of discovery. I’m not shy in coming forward and I deal with the day to day of community issues. I have joined to learn and to be able to offer the best support I can to my daughter who I love 😊

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hey @TiVo01, welcome to ReachOut! Thanks for introducing yourself so we can get to know a bit about you. I had to edit your post as ReachOut is anonymous, you can take a look at our guidelines here. Feel free to share more of your story and the type of support you feel you need, after clicking on 'Start a Topic' in this area. For example, is there anything specific you are struggling with in regards to your daughter's sexuality? Do you struggle with this particular topic? Sharing in the area I linked is more likely to generate a response from other users as it has more visibility Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Active scribe
Beno50

Hi,

i am new here.  I have a daughter 15 and an 18 year old son.

my daughter is the issue, she has an eating disorder and has just been hospitalised again.  I am just exhausted with everything.  I have recently had an operation and find myself unable to get motivated to do anything other than stay in bed.

Prolific scribe
Erin-RO

Welcome to RO community @Beno50 I'm sorry to hear about your daughters difficulties and hospitalisation and I can only imagine how exhausted you must be, especially as you have your own health troubles impacting you right now. I noticed you've created a stand alone post regarding what's been happening, so I'll link everyone to it here so that they can head over and offer you some support.  

Frequent scribe
seekwisdom

Hello, my kids are almost same age as yours. Daughter is 15 and son is 17.

I am truly sorry to hear about the difficulties with your girl. Its easier said than done, but you need to focus on your self care right now, both physical (healing from surgery) and mentally.

When I am a mess (have anxiety problems and healing from several problems after a car accident) I am of little help for my kids. I found that meditation and breathing exercises have helped me. There are several guided mindfulness meditation online that brought me at least some focus on the present moment. 

I had a problem with dear so a month ago and I read about 5 books in a week, parenting books mostly and that also helped me, just knowing that there was a chapter on the book with my very problem it showed to me that I wasn’t alone, and you are not alone either.

You said she is hospitalized, I pray the doctors can come up with a plan for her recovery and that you are stronger for when she comes back. 

Frequent scribe
seekwisdom

Hello @TiVo01

My daughter told me something similar (15yo) a few months ago. She never had a relationship with neither boy or girl though. I talked to my therapist and she said that recently, among young people, this question about non traditional sexual attractions has become almost like a “trend”, even among teens that are not sexually active. In my case, I will wait and see.

My daughter told me that she sees girls on tv and she things they are very attractive, I told her that this is not the same as being a homosexual. I have many women that I would watch a tv show just because I love how they look. She looked at me funny and said “maybe you are bi mom”. 

In my case, I am letting it be, not encouraging one way or another. Let her sort it out with time. She will have my complete love one way or another as yours will have your love also. 

Casual scribe
ConcernedMomof1

Is this still up and running?? Seems like the posts I've seen are at least 2 years old.