04-17-2019 10:38 PM
Welcome to ReachOut! We have some "introduce myself" questions on this thread if you'd like to answer them. I have copied and pasted them for your convenience:
1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?
04-19-2019 04:06 AM
Hello all, there are some GREAT topics, It's going to take me a while to get through them. I'm a little more at ease with things now.
1. I have one 13 year old boy and the reason he didn't do well on his test is because a certain political party doesn't know how to make a test that he can do well on. (That made me giggle when my husband and I were trying to have a serious talk with him)
2. How do I keep the stress levels down? What most other parents do.....drink wine.
3. I'm reaching out because he is only 13 and I am already ripping out my hair.
4. Don't scream at them everyday.....apparently this is normal teenage behavior.
5. The best thing about the weekends is not having the crazy schedule that we have all week long.
04-29-2019 02:41 AM
1. 4, he acts like he knows everything.
2. I don't find parenting stressful to be honest. Costly, but not stressful.
3. Google search of parenting forums.
4. Get them focused on their careers / money making.
5. I sleep in.
04-29-2019 02:07 PM
Hey @Kris-teenMom Welcome to the forum!
Really glad you found us, I hope you find the discussions around the forum helpful. Let us know if you need any help navigating the site.
There are so many amazing parents here who are a few years ahead of you on the teenage years, and can give you some great insights and support!
Welcome to you too @DavisMike22 ! This forum is for parents of teens, rather than younger children, but I hope you find the discussions helpful!
05-04-2019 04:10 AM
05-10-2019 10:31 PM
Hi, I was looking for advice, and stumbled on this site. My teenage son wont engage at school and is reluctant to go. As a single working parent its hard to know the correct decision for the kids. I envy couples being able to toss around ideas. I have 4 children and a foster baby. My daughter has serious mental health issues. Glad to gain insight from a safe platform.
05-10-2019 11:24 PM