Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Scribe
babycare1

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hello! I am from Indonesia and found reachout parent by searching in the internet.

I am here because i wanna know more about parenting behavior outside my country

Casual scribe
4MyDaughter

I am happy to report that after 2 1/2 months of counseling, my daughter is doing much better.

The counselor is awesome, and they hit it off so well that she has opened up a lot. She is also taking melatonin to help her sleep, which is also helping.

The change I see in her is simply amazing!!
Star contributor
Janine-RO
Moved Moved:

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Hi @4MyDaughter , 

Thanks so much for updating us- it's fantastic to hear that your daughter is doing so much better. Finding the right professional help can really be a game-changer, especially when they're able to really open up to them. 

We are thrilled to hear that things have improved a lot for her. 

Active scribe
Curious87

Hi,
I have an almost 14 year old daughter, and middle school and puberty are just hard. Hoping to find some new ideas to help her get through it.
Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Curious87 and welcome to ReachOut Parents! 

Puberty is such a hard time for teens (and families!) and we hope you are able to find some support and experiences of other parents who are going through something similar. 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Active scribe
Curious87

Thank you!!!
Parent/Carer Community Champion
sidneysdad

Re: New member

long story ,arent they all ? My wife decided she didnt want to be married any more after 22 yrs. Have been separated for over 12 months and caring for my 10yr old son 50 % of the time . He makes me laugh nearly every time he comes to stay as he has a wicked sense of humour. 

As to parenting being stressful I must be lucky, compared to the stress of the family breakup parenting seems relatively easy, ha ha I hear you say. 

As to coping well no immediate family close by and as I am in my 60's all my friends kids are grown up so no fresh thoughts are coming from them other than , oh don't worry she'll be right or just get on with it. A long term friend who has no children sent me the link to this site and suggested I have a look. I am looking forward to learning with and from  the other parents engaged on this forum.The best thing about weekends , well when my son is here weekends always the best time as the ongoing battle of getting my son to school has a temporary truce and we get to know each other a bit better by exploring each others ideas as to what might be fun and what needs to get done 

cheers

Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: New member

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @sidneysdad 

Welcome to the forums. We are glad to have you.

A separation would not be easy, so we're happy you are reaching out for support. It's wonderful to hear that you have such an amazing relationship with your son - it must make things a lot easier. 

If you ever want to talk about any concerns regarding your child or anything about parenting in more detail, feel free to start a thread here or here

Casual scribe
bulldog332

Hi, My kids are 9 and 12.

I try to keep stress levels down by eating at the table every night and asking positive open questions. Doesn't always work, but we try!

I reached out because my son is struggling to adapt to high school.

I am just as nervous about the kids entering teenage years and am in no position to offer advice!!

The best thing about weekends for us is doing different things together; we live in a great part of the country and try to take advantage of it.