Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to the forum @mum_of_four. It sounds like you have instilled lovely core values in your kids. I also love your parenting tips, thank you for sharing. I agree, talking, talking, talking, with no subject off bounds. 

I also have depression, anxiety and PTSD, and understand it can be difficult at times dealing with everything. I'm so glad your family is so supportive of each other, and I like your point about tag teaming so there is always support. 

I'm sure you will have plenty to offer the forum, after raising 5 kids. I look forward to seeing you in the threads.

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @mums_taxi, welcome to the forum. I love your name! I'm a full time carer for my daughter, and when people ask me what I do, I often say, I'm a taxi driver, cook, dishwasher, manager, counsellor, pharmicist, negotiator, bank teller, teacher, cleaner, supervisor and team supporter!

Laughing is great medicine, and I like that you enjoy your kids senses of humour. Mine is a character as well, and although she drives me crazy at times, I cherish her. You sound like an awesome, supportive mum, and I look forward to seeing you in the forum. 

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum  @Faob_1  @andreaT @myang  @abhiy and  @Tamlynn

You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents, ready to share and learn from others parents of teens.  

Please let us know what led you to ReachOut Parents?

We look forward to getting to know you all

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @sveta, welcome to the ReachOut forum! We'd like to get to know our members a little whilst maintaining anonymity. 

To kick off would you like to introduce yourself by telling us:

1. How old your kids are and one thing they have done recently that has made you laugh?

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?

3. How did you find out about ReachOut?

4. What's your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter their teenage years?

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Hello to our newest members: @Mags6 @medhaverma and @Hamish

You will find lots of support from other Reach Out Parents on the forums Smiley Happy

We welcome you to share some info about yourself by answering the following:

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
    2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
    3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
    4. Whats the best thing about weekends?

Highlighted
Parent/Carer Community Champion
Faob_1

Thank you for the welcome. I have a 17 year old daughter doing Year 12, who is keeping everything together and is an all round gorgeous kid. 

I have. 14 year old son who so far this year has been in trouble at school for various things, leading to expulsion and a change of school.  His behaviour has plunged his parents into despair and depression. There is nothing to laugh about or smile at. 

I am so glad I found this site and look forward to coaching next week. That booking is keeping me going.

thankyou

Contributor
Beingme2017

Hi @Faob_1 thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself. Sounds like a really great decision to have booked in coaching sessions - I will be keen to hear how you feel after your first session. 

Its quite incredible how our kids can be so different from each other - Im sorry to hear your son is having a hard time finding his way at the moment.  It must make things very tense at home for you all and you must be very worried for him.

Im so glad you have found these forums, as you will find there are quite a few other parents on here who have come out the other side of some very difficult situations with their teens

Contributor
Beingme2017

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum @Kspell @Orbit64 @PlacentaStudy 

You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents, ready to share and learn from others parents of teens.  

Please let us know what led you to ReachOut Parents?

We look forward to getting to know you all

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Faob_1, I can hear the desperation in your voice, and the upset you feel in regards to your son. I am so so happy for you though that you are making use of the coaching. I've done it and what you learn is very practical and specific to want you want out of it. 

And thank you so much for your contribution to the story. Let me guess, that's something that makes you laugh because it's just so...I can't even think of the right word!!, that you don't know how else to respond!

Contributor
Beingme2017

Welcome to the Reachout Parent forums @Cferrett25 

You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents - this is a safe place to vent, share stories, ask for advice and offer your own suggestions to others.

Please let us know what led you to ReachOut Parents?  Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself.

Look forward to seeing you in the forums Smiley Happy