Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Contributor
Beingme2017

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to the Reachout Parent forums @Hairstm

You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents - this is a safe place to vent, share stories, ask for advice and offer your own suggestions to others.

Please let us know what led you to ReachOut Parents? Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself.

Look forward to seeing you in the forums Smiley Happy
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome to the forum @Cferrett25 and @Hairstm. It's great you've come here in search of ways to help your teens. 

We'd love to know about your kids and the issues are that you are facing and to be able to support you. Please feel free to share if you are comfortable. 

We also offer information and support for teens and young adults on the Youth Forum. If you think your kids may be interested, check out the link here.

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @Sorrento36, welcome to the parent forum. You've come to a supportive community with parents who are all struggling with the various issues faced when raising a teenager. 

So that we can get to know a little more about you would you mind answering the following questions?

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that has made you laugh?

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try and keep those stress levels down?

3. What led you to ReachOut parents today?

4. What's the best thing about weekends?

We look forward to sharing with you in the forum.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Hi @atfyef  Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum 

You've come to a wonderful group of supportive parents - this is a great place to share stories, ask for advice and offer your own suggestions to others.

Please let us know what led you to ReachOut Parents? Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself and your kids.   Look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

Star contributor
Zoesplace

A big warm hello to our newest members @Josephine and @Familyman 

Please introduce yourself, we'd love to know a bit more about you. Smiley Happy

Would love to know:
1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
3. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
4. Whats the best thing about weekends?

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to our newest member @Mandarina  

Please introduce yourself, we would love to know more about you...

1. How old are your kids and what makes you proud of them?

2. What led you to signing up to RO Parents?

3. Whats your number one tip for raising teens?

4. Your number one way to relax?

Or, if you'd just rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind you can do that here - hope to hear from you soon!

Super star contributor
taokat

Welcome to the forum @Claire. You've found a great place to share and gain advice from other parents going through the challenges of raising teens.

So we can get to know you a little better, would you mind answering these few questions?

1. What brought you to ReachOut?

2. What are the age/s of your teen/s?

3. What is your best tip for parents with kids reaching their teenage years?

4. What is something about your teen/s that makes you laugh?

We look forward to seeing you in the forum!

Super star contributor
taokat

Welcome to the forum @Sunshine. Thank you for sharing with us about your teens and the struggle you are dealing with currently.

I did create a new topic for you using your message. Parents, you can find the thread here and I encourage you to offer Sunshine your support and share your experiences if your teen has self harmed.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum @Jeepadventures  

You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents, all sharing stories and experiences (good and bad) about raising teens. Please introduce yourself, or let us know what led you to sign up for Reach Out Parents - we would love to know more about you...

Scribe
Jeepadventures

Thank you for the welcome. My beautiful daughter is almost 18 and I can't believe I have only just found Reachout! We have needed this support for a long time. I have been able to find a stack of information about anxiety (which is robbing my daughter of the joy she deserves) on the net, it is lovely to find a community who knows and I am looking forward to participating.