Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome @Serena So great to have you here.

I'm with you, I love watching the tweens move between being kids and being young adults. Especially when they let their guard down and allow themselves allow themselves a moment of pure joy.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  You may feel differently but I have always found one of the hardest things about parenting is that you are required to do it no matter what, even when you're overwhelmed with grief.  I hope you had and have all the support you need.

I'm sure lots of the parents here, including myself, would love to hear more and offer our input regarding your middle teen. The best way to do it is to click here so you can start your own thread.

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Hi @Serena. Isn't it amazing that you can have 2 children alike & 1 different to the others. I also have that with my 3 kids. You'll find lots of support here. If you're keen I'm about to start a bit of creative fun here that may help you find your Zen on those days that it's difficult Smiley Happy 

Contributor
Beingme2017

hi @Serena welcome and thank you for that... yes it is so hard to feel confident sometimes when our teens are pushing us to our limits many many times in one day!

Contributor
Beingme2017

Welcome @emma8, @Alchemist, @Melsy, and @NLP6494

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum!

You have come to a great place. There are many compassionate parents here on the forum to offer each other support and share stories about the challenges and joys of raising teens.

We invite you to introduce yourself, or if you'd just rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind you can do that here - hope to keep seeing you around!

Highlighted
Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents community @teen-troubles_ @Barnett @oapellado and @cesca2206 

There are many compassionate parents on the forum to offer each other support and share stories about the challenges and joys of raising teens.

We would love for you to introduce yourselves, so feel free to answer the following questions, or you can start a topic about anything on your mind by clicking  here 

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they have done recently to make you laugh.

2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?

3. What's your favourite thing about weekends?

Hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents forum @Mamarose

You have come to a great place. There are many compassionate parents here on the forum to offer each other support and share stories about the challenges and joys of raising teens.

We invite you to introduce yourself, or if you'd just rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind you can do that here - hope to keep seeing you around!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Big Welcome to our newest members @Pape1 @darlux @sandrae @pathob and @Kerriholmes

We would love for you to introduce yourselves - feel free to answer the following questions, or you can start a topic about anything on your mind by clicking  here 

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they have done recently to make you laugh.

2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?

3. What's your favourite thing about weekends?

Hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy

Active scribe
Mamarose

Hi thank you for the welcome.

I am a single mum. Left my husband after 20yrs, verbally and emotionally abusive then towards the end physically. I thought that was the hardest thing I had ever done besides child birth but this year has proven to be more challenging than that.  I have a beautiful unique child whom is 14 born female but identifies as male. He came out to me earlier this year.  He also has an autism spectrum disorder which was diagnosed at 5.  

The gender dysphoria my son experiences is huge and the anxiety and depression has been scary with suicidal thoughts and now most recently self harming which he has been doing for many many months but kept hidden and I only just found out about it recently so we are dealing with a lot right now.

we have various professionals involved and I have gone back to seeing my counsellor for me so I can remain strong for my son but it's been very hard.

on a positive note my son makes me laugh all the time with his wicked sense of humour.

Contributor
Beingme2017

hi @Mamarose  you certainly sound like an incredibly strong resilient woman. How wonderful for your son that he has a mum like you.  I think its great you have your own support as well - so important but so often we don't take that for ourselves as well.

Is he in school? Has he got peers who are supportive?

He sounds like a really strong individual as well  - and that wicked sense of humour will hopefully see him through some dark times and rise above it

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Big Welcome to our newest members @kerrip @Carole_L @papamamadada @Glennross and @Valerieb

Reach Out Parents is a great community. There are many compassionate parents on the forum that offer each other support and share stories about the challenges and joys of raising teens.

We invite you to introduce yourself, or if you'd rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind you can do that here - hope to keep seeing you around!