Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Message contains a hyperlink

A big warm welcome to our newest members @tracys@Twins@Neko1216 and @Willow! Thank you so much for joining us.

So we can all get to know you a little more, would you mind telling us:

1. What have your kids done recently that made you laugh?
  2. What things do you do to relax when things get stressful?
  3. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  4. What do you enjoy most about weekends?

Our parent chat night is starting tomorrow night, 6th Oct @8pm (EDST). We'd love to see you there. Click on the link here on the night to take part. 

Scribe
raels73

Raelene here.

• 4 children aged 6, 8 11 and 13
  • They make me laugh just by the funny statements they make every day
  • I am reaching out because I am at a loss how to support my 13 year old daughter.  We have had self harm issues and I am not sure how to deal with social media
  • livin the dream bumper sticker
  • Birthdays!  Everyone gets a day that is all about them.

Thanks for inviting me to join!

Casual scribe
tracys

Hi Tracy here...

I have 2 boys one 17 and one 14.

I do yoga, meditation or go for a walk when things get really stressful

I decided to contact reach out as I am finding things difficult with my 14 year old at the moment

On the weekends it's time to catch up on a few things around the house and go for walks with my husband. My older son is currently studying for HSC and the younger one is always out!

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

Hi @raels73 and @tracys. Thank you so much for letting us know a bit about yourselves.

@tracys we have a topic about Yoga. We'd love your input! I'll tag you in case that's something you'd like to do. Yoga and meditation are such great ways to relax and calm the mind. I've recently started tai chi which I really love as well.

@raels73 I love your bumper sticker! I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's issues. We have some info on self harm in our fact sheets, and there's also a topic thread as well. I'll tag you, but for both of you, we welcome to start your own topic here.

We're glad to have you part of the community!

cartoons & comics hello hey welcome flirting GIF

Highlighted
Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to the Reachout Parent forums @Social @Matandal4012 and @Grace
You've come to a wonderful and supportive group of parents - Please feel free to introduce yourself - we'd love to know a bit more about you. 

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. What led you to ReachOut Parents ?
3. Whats the best thing about weekends?

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

To our newest members @Oxford-1999@Joeys_Mum@li-stevent@Jonutnut and @Mum51

new beach hello forum welcome GIF

If you have a moment please answer these questions, we'd love to learn more about you!

1. How old are your kids and what's something nice they did for you?
2. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
3. What app do you use the most?
4. Favourite quote?

We'd also like to invite you to be part of our Ab Fab Friday's chat night. Follow the link here to find out more!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

BIG welcome to our newest members @hockeymom03 @Fuzzififty50 @Mrs_B

We would love for you to introduce yourself by telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what makes you proud of them?
  2. What led you to Reach Out Parents?
  3. What's your number one way to relax?
  4. What was the best parenting advice you've got

You are welcome to join us in our parent chat night, "Ab Fab Fridays", starting this Friday 6th @8pm, NSW time. we'd love to see you there.  Just follow the link here Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Howdy to our newest members, @johno1@Mellymama@Noyah@rupe1012001 and @Jojokov! It's awesome to have you part of the ReachOut community Smiley Happy

cute hello hi welcome GIF

We'd love to know a little about you. If you have the time, how about giving these questions a go?

1. How many kids you care for and their ages?
  2. What's the biggest concern in your life right now?
  3. Your favourite way to treat yo'self?
  4. What's one thing your kid has taught you recently?
  5. What's one question you have for us?

Scribe
cactus

Hi,

1.My lovely daughters are 16 and 18, and my oldest is making me laugh by trying to paint liquid latex halloween makeup on herself lol. My youngest makes me laugh on her good days, but there are not so many of them lately.

2. Alcohol, music and dancing around like an idiot.

3. I'm here because I hope to learn something

4. Top tip - listen to them when they try to tell you something

5. See point 2. hahahaha

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Hi @cactus thanks for sharing, and welcome to Reach Out.  Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your daughters.  Lots of  good days, and a few not-so-good days too. I am sure the liquid latex make up provided some laughs and amusement Smiley Very Happy  Love your Top Tip .... it is so important to really listen to our kids

Glad that you hope to learn something - There are always challenges, new experiences and things to learn being a parent.  Reach Out Parents are a wonderful and supportive bunch, with lots of stories to share .There are many topics on the Reach Out website with info on all sorts of things, or if you'd just rather start a discussion about something that's on your mind click here 

You are also welcome to join us in our parent chat night, "Ab Fab Fridays", this Friday 20th @8pm, NSW time. We'd love to see you there.  Just follow the link here