Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Message contains a hyperlink

BIG welcome to our newest members @AndreTaylor @gregphotography @kwanprod and @49Donna

We would love for you to introduce yourself by telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what do they do to make you smile?
  2. What led you to Reach Out Parents?
  3. What's your number one way to relax?

You are welcome to join us in our parent chat night, "Ab Fab Fridays", Friday 20th @8pm, NSW time. we'd love to see you there.  Just follow the link Here Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @cactus, welcome, it's awesome to have you in the ReachOut community! 

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. I love all your tips! Dancing around like an idiot is something I quite like too, much to the embarrassment of my 15 year old daughter!

I agree with @Zoesplace too, your top tip is a fantastic one, and one that make such a huge difference to our relationship with them. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having not such good days with your youngest. Parenting can be such a huge challenge at times, and it's amazing what we can gain from talking to other mums and dads Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Welcome to our newest members, @Nicky@motherof3@argyllbute1@Norrada and @Momof2boys

If you have a moment please answer these questions, we'd love to learn more about you!

1. How old are your kids and what's something nice they did for you?
2. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
3. What app do you use the most?
4. Favourite quote?

We'd love you to join us for our parent chat night, Ab Fab Friday's! Our next one is this week, 27th October @ 8pm (EDST). Check out the link here to find out more Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

A warm welcome to our newest members @JaneRyan1975@tess15@Scrappychick@Peteypie17 and @caladenia! It's fantastic to have you as part of the ReachOut community.

hi hey goin GIF

So we can all get to know you a little more, would you mind telling us:

1. What have your kids done recently that made you laugh?
  2. What things do you do to relax when things get stressful?
  3. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  4. What do you enjoy most about weekends?

We look forward to seeing you in the forum. 

Scribe
justcallmemama

Hello!

I'm new here Smiley Happy To answer the questions...

1. I'm a mama to 3 teens that drive me crazy but make me so happy! I have a 13 yr old boy, and my daughters are 16 and 18. This week my son tried to bake something on his own and accidentally used baking soda instead of baking powder - I laughed so hard! His treat clearly didn't turn out right Smiley Wink 

2. Parenting is definitely stressful. I manage that by making sure I set time out of my busy week just for me, so that I can do things I like to do like take a bubble bath, read a book, go for a walk, do some crafts, watch my tv show, etc.

3. I've heard such great things about ReachOut for parents and I wanted to try it out! Plus, I just moved to a new area and don't know anyone - so I figured now is the best time to be a part of a group of supportive parents.

4. My top tip for parents starting to enter the teen years... that's a hard one. I think my advice is to not let it pass you by. It's so easy to get caught up in all the struggles of teenagehood, that you forget that after they get through it they're gone! I'm going through that right now, as my oldest just moved out. Don't forget to enjoy the little moments here and there between the craziness and hard times. Sweet moments can still happen even with a troublesome teen. Try to enjoy a few moments here and there before the time is up and they move out on their own.

5. Oh man, weekends in general are the best. It's the few days of the week where I am in control of what gets done and when, rather than deadlines and my schedule controlling my time. Weekends are great for family time, relaxing, cleaning/organizing, and so much. You can pretty much do almost anything.

I can't wait to get involved!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Hi @justcallmemama welcome to Reach Out Parents - glad you have heard good things about RO. There are lots of supportive parents on the forums, that like to share the joys and challenges of raising teens. You will also find lots of helpful resources on the website too.

Sounds like you have a good balance in your life by regularly taking time-out for something you enjoy - something a lot of parents really struggle with.

I couldn't agree more with your Number #4 Tip!  Time goes by too fast, so it is so important to treasure and enjoy the little and sweet moments with our kids.  Look forward to seeing around on the forums Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @justcallmemama, it's awesome to have you here! Ditto to all @Zoesplace said. And I also love all you say in your 4th tip as well - especially your comment 'Sweet moments can still happen even with a troublesome teen.' 

I had a laugh - my daughter's done the same thing baking, only used baking soda instead of flour (I have things in jars) haha. She was so looking forward to eating what she was baking that she still ate some of it. Smiley Frustrated

You're going to be an asset to the community, I look forward to interacting!

Super star contributor
taokat

Thank you for joining the forum @Marnie and @TiredMama and welcome! You'll find a community of compassionate and understanding parents who will be more than happy to offer you support. We also welcome your parenting expertise! 

So we can all get to know you a little more, would you mind telling us:

1. What have your kids done recently that made you laugh?
  2. What things do you do to relax when things get stressful?
  3. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  4. What do you enjoy most about weekends?

Please feel free to join us for our weekly chat night, tomorrow night at 8pm (AEDST). The link is here. We'd love to see you there!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to Reach Out Parents @Peanut5 @Colclough @Respect and @Rodgers Thank you for joining the forum! You have found a community of compassionate and understanding parents.  A great place to share your experiences and ask for advice about raising your teens.  

We would love to know more about you, would you mind telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what have your kids done recently that made you laugh?
  2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  3. What do you enjoy most about weekends?

Hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Welcome to Reach Out Parents @Smattingly88 @2002722 and @Jyoti Thank you for joining the forum! Smiley Happy

We would love to know more about you, would you mind telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what have your kids done recently that made you laugh?
  2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  3. What do you like to do to relax?

You are welcome to join us for our parent chat night, Ab Fab Friday's! Our next one is 10th November @8pm (AEDST) Our topic for this week is "What's your favourite season and why?"  Click Here to join us!