Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Contributor
Nick-RO

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

So happy to welcome our newest members to the forums:

@Moonlight @sally @Mum25 @freshcalendar

So happy you have found us!

We love getting to know our newest members and this is the place to let us know a little bit about you and what brought you here (but remember to keep it anonymous!).

Here are some conversation starters to get you going...

1.  How old are your kids and what is one thing they have done recently that made you laugh?

2.  What is one thing you wish you knew before your kids entered their teenage years?

3.  What led you to ReachOut Parents today?

Welcome again, and can't wait to hear from you!

Scribe
RodSquad

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I am a father of two and soon to be three boys. 

My 10-year-old son is having issues with school. He just got transferred because he had some problems with children in his class. Now I am trying to ensure that he gets sharp enough with his studies, so he can be successful. 

Our favorite treat is probably free pancakes at a hotel stay and waterparks. 

My son taught me that we should not tolerate racism just because his teachers are telling us that is the right thing to do. 

Contributor
Nick-RO

Hey @RodSquad 

Congratulations on your news - that is amazing!!

I am totally with you on waterparks and pancakes - that sounds like an amazing way to spend a day.

Just one thing to let you know - we are a forum for parents of teens 12-18 years of age.  Love that you have found us and I hope that you can get something from the conversations that happen here but just wanted to let you know that some of the issues might not be totally relevant to you just now as there is real value in talking with parents who are going through the same things as you are because they have similarly aged kids.

Active scribe
Moonlight

Thanks for the welcome!

I have 4 kids, 15 year old son, 13 year old girl, 7 year old girl and 4 year old girl. While there hasn't been a whole lot of laughing lately. My son and his best friend are constantly being goofy with each other, and my girls especially the youngest just tell me the most random stories.

One thing I wish I knew? that the reason they are so darn cute as babies it to build up that stash of unconditional love because they sure love to try and use it all up as teens!

What led me here was my 13 year old daughter, shes gotten a bit lost which has made me doubt myself as a parent.

Casual scribe
Lost71

Hi , I’m Dianne , I have 3 beautiful daughters. My eldest is 28 , 20 and my youngest who is 15, she is putting me though hell atm. I’ve been though the 15 year old syndrome with the older girls , but nothing to the extent what I’m going though now. Hoping to gain some knowledge and advice to deal with the situations that arise. Thanks
Contributor
Nick-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi there @Lost71!

So happy you found us here.  From reading your post here it seems like you are at the end of your rope at the moment and I hope that this community can offer you some support and advice.

Welcome to the forums.

Contributor
Nick-RO

Message contains an image

A huge 'hi' to our newest members @Sparkle@beehive @Trio_ and @Nat17!

bear-wave.gif

So amazing you joined us here - it's great to meet you!

It would be awesome if we could get to know a little bit about you and what brought you here (but remember to keep it anonymous!). 

Some questions to get your introduction started...

1. How old are your kids and what makes you proud of them?

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?

3. What was it that brought you to ReachOut today?

4. What is the best piece of parenting advice you ever received?

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

A big warm welcome to our new members @rosebuddy and @MomW4

white cat hello GIF

We love getting to know our newest members and this is the place to let us know a little bit about you and what brought you here (but remember to keep it anonymous!).

Here are some conversation starters to get you going...

1.  How old are your kids and what is one thing they have done recently that made you laugh?

2.  What is one thing you wish you knew before your kids entered their teenage years?

3.  What led you to ReachOut Parents today?

Welcome again, and can't wait to hear from you!

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome to our new members @brad66@Realmadrid and @Paula1605!! Congrats for signing up, it's not always easy seeking help, but it can be so comforting realising we're not alone in what we're going through.

So we can get to know you a little more would you mind answering these few questions? (Remember to keep it anonymous!)

1. How many kids do you have in your care?
  2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
  3. What's your favourite thing about weekends? 

Please feel free to start a topic here, and our community will be happy to offer our support.  

Thank you for joining us and I look forward to seeing you in the forum Smiley Happy

Casual scribe
robertsmall

Hi, I'm Robert. 

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh? 

- My kid Amy is 12. There was this incident in the near past. She likes to imitate sounds. She was like making chirping sounds and doing the Nemo sounds alternatively. I felt so happy.

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?

- Actually, I am a cool person. And my wife Annette is the one person who helps me around. We talk with each other every evening on Amy's doings and performances. And Amy too is like much supportive. 

3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?

- As my girl is entering her teens soon, and I know that is one period when things start to change, we want help from every known parent in coping up with the issues. Amy is quite bright person and engaging. But I was the same kind before I started my high school. Later, it started affecting me as well. I don't want my girl to go through something like that. We want to understand her more. To do what it takes to make her life smooth.

4. What's your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?

- I'm here for that. My suggestion is to understand your child and be supportive in their issues, rather than firing at them when they are low. 

5. What's the best thing about weekends?

- For me, spending time with fun activities and small travels with Annette and Amy.