05-24-2018 02:34 AM
Hi all, I am a newbie. Have read some of the threads while searching for some help with my teenage daughter, so joined.
I am mum to four. Daughter, 15, son 12 and two aged under 3. Yes, there's a gap in the middle, yes, I was divorced & remarried. It's a common question. lol. Am looking for a thread to discuss or get advice on behavioural issues in teens.
05-24-2018 09:09 PM
We love getting to know our members and this is the best place to let us know a little bit about you and what brought you Reach Out (remember to keep it anonymous!).
Here are some conversation starters to get you going...
1. How old are your kids and what is something thing they have done to make you laugh?
2. What led you to ReachOut Parents?
3. Whats the best things about week ends?
Look forward to hearing from you soon
05-25-2018 01:48 AM
1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
DD: I just found out she changed her account on her computer to administrator, which means, she manages the content she wants to see it. Mama changed it back to “Child Acct”
DS: He asked: Can I drive your car to school?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
That is a challenge. I try to care for myself doing meditation to keep anxiety down. After one of their friends had an accident and is now under minimally conscious state, I always ask: Is this a battle worth fighting for?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
Mostly because of DD, she has been reluctant to engage in any activity and is glued to the couch watching tv.
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
”Its not about you, don’t take it personally. Keep loving them”
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?
We can all sleep in
05-29-2018 01:06 AM
1.My kids are 20, 19 and 17. They make me laugh at the supper table when we are talking about things that interest them. The youngest is into K-pop music and all things Korean and she tells us a "Korean factoid of the day"
2. My husband and I take a daily walk together to keep stress down.
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today? I am desperate for help for my middle daughter.
4. Top tip for parents with kids entering teen years is to hold off as long as possible before allowing a smart phone.
5. The best thing about weekends is having no errands to run.
05-29-2018 04:15 PM
So glad you've found our community here.
Love your tip about not taking it personally - though that definitely can be a challenge - and to keep loving
Thanks for sharing! We look forward to getting to know you more around the forums.
05-29-2018 04:18 PM
Welcome @candidgazelle thank you for joining our community and for sharing!!
Looking forward to seeing you around the forums - and maybe hearing one or two of these Korean factoids! Can't say I'm a k-pop fan myself although it's very entertaining..
I hope you find support and comfort here on the forum around your daughter - thank you for reaching out to us.
05-29-2018 09:32 PM
05-30-2018 11:14 AM - edited 05-30-2018 11:14 AM
Hi @Tulip - welcome to our parents forum, so so glad you found us and have joined what is a super supportive community.
Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself and your family - very true that is it a wild ride with teenagers...
im sure you'll find that everyone on this forum is on their own wild ride ! Keep to join you on your journey
09:00AM to 11:00PM
We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk nowClick here for help
The current time is Thu, 7:06 AM
(Australian Eastern time)