New member? Introduce yourself here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Parent Peer Supporter

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

New member 🙂
Mum to three amazing girls aged 19, 12 & 8. We have a dog Jet, Snap the kitten and Hermit the Mexican fighting fish. Also an ant colony has set up traffic in my kitchen 🤪

Dad/husband is an executive and I run my own small business in Sydney. I love the great out doors, beach, bush or in the garden is where I feel at ease.

I didn’t have a childhood persay and my husband is similar but a very different story. Both sides have mental health issues and varied.

Reach out has given me the space to unpack some of my shame files in a non judgemental forum- where life is messy, imperfect but fabulous at the same time.

Before I became a mum, I thought I knew everything.... after giving birth I realised I had only just begun to learn xx
Scribe

Hello my name is John I'm 51 I have 5 kids and my youngest one who is 15 is my Triple A football player who has a career and just turned 15 and now is into smoking pot I've caught him red-handed smoking in his room just tears me apart I don't know what to do no more I'm at the end of my rope I want thoughts of bringing the police involved I don't know whether or not that's a good idea I'm stumped I really need to be guided here to be that good father.

I even had the professional team president show up at the house and give him a grantor to the Lum night of the all the team members just to show what he could do in the future take the right road on the left Road thanks for letting me that but I do need help my name is John

Community Manager

Welcome @Beemum!!! 

GREAT pet names! - Jet, Snap, and Hermit! 

I so agree that life is messy, imperfect and fabulous at the same time .. love that. Heart 

Excited for more to come from you around the forums !

Check out our weekly discussion and jump in! This week is on How to get support for your young person Click here to jump in!
Community Manager

Hi @Thegooddadntb and welcome to our forums! And thank you for reaching out to get support  - it sounds like a really challenging situation with your son. 

I have edited a few things from your post just to keep with our guidelines around confidentiality which you can check out here 

I also think you might benefit from creating your own post over here and explain a bit more about what's going on so that our other members can provide you with some insights and supports. 

It's important that you know that we are an Australian based forum, so we best support people within Australia - particularity when it comes to referring to services, and giving advice around where to go for support. 

However, you may still benefit from hearing other parent's experiences and ideas. 

Hope to hear from you again soon 

Check out our weekly discussion and jump in! This week is on How to get support for your young person Click here to jump in!