Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi @SunMarina, thank you for joining the forum Smiley Happy

We welcome you to stay and join in the conversations, but I'm concerned a lot of it won't be relevant as we're a forum for parents of teens 12-18 years of age.

There are some great forums for parents with younger kids. One I've just googled is Essential Kids that might be worth checking out. I understand the value of talking with parents going through the same things, and wouldn't want you to miss out on that!

Casual scribe
SunMarina

Oh, I see. Sorry for joining this forum. I saw that some of the problems are really relevant to younger kids.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check on Essiantial Kids.

Kind regards,

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @SunMarina, no don't be sorry at all! It's fantastic that you are seeking help and that's something you never need to apologise for. 

We welcome you to stay and join in, I just didn't want you to be disappointed if we couldn't provide you the support you're after with your young ones. I did the Circle of Security course which is for parents of babies and toddlers when my daughter was 12, so I understand a lot of info can be translated to all ages Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Hello, hello to our newest members @acwi2003@musicmumma@Mum25 and @Proudnanna!! It's lovely to have you on the forum.

To get started you can introduce yourself by telling us:

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?

the simpsons hello GIF

Casual scribe
SunMarina

Dear Taokat,

thanks for your support! I really appreciate it!

Super star contributor
taokat

My pleasure, anytime @SunMarinaSmiley Happy

Casual scribe
musicmumma

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?

15 daughter - was goofing around with DD15 last night and we had a laugh at our own silliness
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?

Not engaging with every drama that pops up - picking my battles - remove myself, take deep breaths and deal later
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?

searching for youth camps for my troubled stepson SS13
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?

be prepared for a massive relationship change, don't take it personally and buckle up for one hell of a ride
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?

not having to get up and out the door by 7am

Super star contributor
taokat

Thank you so much for your introduction @musicmumma

It's great to know a bit more about you and I love your tips - particularly: "be prepared for a massive relationship change, don't take it personally and buckle up for one hell of a ride." Gold! 

I'm mum to a 15 year old daughter as well, so I look forward to chatting with you in the forum Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

@Coogeemummy@askayouthworker@cincinpalladium@Roselynn and @Dan2787, welcome to the forum!! Thank you so much for joining us. 

We'd love to know a little about you. If you have the time, how about giving these questions a go?

1. How many kids do you care for and their ages?
  2. What's the biggest concern in your life right now?
  3. Your favourite way to treat yourself?
  4. What's one thing your kid has taught you recently?

As well as the forum, ReachOut offers free parent coaching to help us find solutions to the issues we can face as parents. It's tailored to suit your specific situation and is done from the privacy of your own home. Check out the link here to find out more.

Contributor
Nick-RO

A hearty hello to our newest members @MelissaJane@Oneofeach@Goldsparrow@RodSquad and @mickv!

So lovely to have you here Smiley Happy

Please feel free to jump in and introduce yourself (but remember to keep it anonymous)!

Here are some questions to get you started...

1. How many kids do you care for and their ages?
  2. What's the biggest concern in your life right now?
  3. Your favourite way to treat yourself?
  4. What's one thing your kid has taught you recently?