Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Scribe
backup

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

1. How old are your kids and what makes you proud of them?

my daughter is 14 and an international student from China. She is studying and home staying in Sydney. I am proud of her for being on her own.
2. What led you to signing up to RO Parents?

my friend recommend the site.
3. Tell us more about your username - any special meaning?

i try to learn as much as possible so that i can be her backup.
4. What's your number one way to relax?

reading
5. What was the worst and then the best parenting adivce you've got?

there are just so many advices i could not say whether they are the worst or the best.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Hey @backup - wow that's such a big adventure for an 14 year old. No wonder you are proud of her! How is she enjoying her time in Sydney?

I love that your goal is be her back up!

Thanks so much for introducing yourself!
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Welcome to one of our newest members @Davidvoh!
Tell us a bit more about you by answering:
1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?
Contributor
Mitzi

Hi @Davidvoh how are you doing?

Contributor
Mitzi

I love your beautiful formatting @nellyblye! Yes, I'm superficial.
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

A very big hello and welcome to new members @teengirlnoschol @Lisabroad @Rehm @Lyrrah and @melindas...

Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself here! Also, ask us any Qs if you are not sure about anything here. If you have an issue with you teen that you want to talk to other parents about, you can Start A Topic here.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Contributor
Sophie-RO

A very big hello to @Pulpy as well! We'd love to know about you and what brought you to RO Parents...

To all new members, tell us:

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Casual scribe
Ginger

Hi
Love the name reach out... That's what I do best and seems to so long now . Every moment there is hope and faith that my teen will come good . The saddest part is that our relationship is becoming destroyed in the process.
I have 2 children a boy 15 who has chronic anxiety and autosomnatic dysfunction diagnosis since 6 years , he is severely depressed and we await the CAHMS appointment before any medications can be given. He is in shared care and it has to be approved by the father who is sto struggling with acceptance of any diagnosis and has previously stopped medications at age 12. I also have a daughter age 12 who is challenged by the whole situation .

I work full time now yes special needs education assistant and look at the positives I have of empathy with many teens journeys , many who are happily ready to receive help and build positive relations ships .

Sometimes I feel life just sux , and other time it is easier than others, two night ago there was a $1000 damage bill from my sons inability to cope. Nothing new . Life is a continual gratitude and grace lesson for each precious moment.

So nice to meet you guys .

Off to yoga now 🙏🏻
Contributor
Mitzi

Hello @Ginger - it's great to meet you. I love the way you use irony to tell your story. I'm happy your family has a strong leader in you. I'm glad you found us so you have a safe place to not have to be strong, to vent, to rail against the injustices, to just be yourself.

We can offer support and advice. Sometimes we are just here to listen and let you know that you have been heard.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Message contains a hyperlink
Hey @Ginger! So great to hear from you - so glad you found us...

Definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate but also a lot of strength to draw on and that we could all be inspired by....

Do feel free to start a new topic if you have anything specific to talk about, or just reply to topics others have started if you have something to say...

As you mentioned yoga, I'd love to hear from you on this thread about self-care:
https://forums.parents.au.reachout.com/t5/Parents-chill-out/Making-the-most-of-me-time/m-p/874#U874

Talk soon...