Need help now?

Newbie here

Highlighted
Scribe

Newbie here

Hi All
I am a newbie here. I have two daughters aged 11 and 13. They are My most wonderful achievement and I’m proud of the young women they are becoming. I’ve joined today because at times I struggle with who I am as a mother. I always feel like I have to compete with others and then when I do it makes me feel like I’m not doing a good job at being a Mum. I question everything I do and criticise if it’s right or wrong. So I guess I’m hoping to hear other stories and advice to make me see that I am probably not alone. I look forward to chatting with a few of you!
Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Newbie here

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @hawkfan ,

Welcome to the forums, it's really nice to have you here! Feel free to take some time to read around the different discussion boards. I also have an 11 year old, and I have to say it's a wonderful age but also really challenging at times! Do you find that you are comparing yourself to people in real life, or on social media, or both? I think a lot of us can relate to questioning what we do as parents, I certainly do at times! 

I also just wanted to let you know about a free parents support service that we have in case you're interested, you can chat to qualified counsellors about any parenting issues you may be having - you can check that out here if you're interested. 

Moderator Hours

This forum is moderated from

09:00AM to 11:00PM

We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk now

Click here for help

The current time is Mon, 11:01 PM
(Australian Eastern time)