Need help now?

Newbie here

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
hawkfan

Newbie here

Hi All
I am a newbie here. I have two daughters aged 11 and 13. They are My most wonderful achievement and I’m proud of the young women they are becoming. I’ve joined today because at times I struggle with who I am as a mother. I always feel like I have to compete with others and then when I do it makes me feel like I’m not doing a good job at being a Mum. I question everything I do and criticise if it’s right or wrong. So I guess I’m hoping to hear other stories and advice to make me see that I am probably not alone. I look forward to chatting with a few of you!
Thanks
Highlighted
Star contributor
Janine-RO

Re: Newbie here

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @hawkfan ,

Welcome to the forums, it's really nice to have you here! Feel free to take some time to read around the different discussion boards. I also have an 11 year old, and I have to say it's a wonderful age but also really challenging at times! Do you find that you are comparing yourself to people in real life, or on social media, or both? I think a lot of us can relate to questioning what we do as parents, I certainly do at times! 

I also just wanted to let you know about a free parents support service that we have in case you're interested, you can chat to qualified counsellors about any parenting issues you may be having - you can check that out here if you're interested. 

Frequent scribe
AmberP

It's OK to be worrying about what you do. I am the same and you are not alone. I am always afraid to do something wrong or not to do anything. Be more confident, listen to the child, look at the reaction.

Support your child and everything will be fine!

Frequent scribe
AmberP

Hello! I feel you! Maybe we all are the same, we are always worrying about not doing enough. But I am not sure you have to think like this! We can't be sure that everything will go as we want it, but be kind to yourself, love your children and they will love you back! Let's chat!