Need help now?

Next Ab Fab Friday November 3rd @8pm (EDST) - What things do/would you like to do to look after you?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Next Ab Fab Friday November 3rd @8pm (EDST) - What things do/would you like to do to look after you?

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Re: Next Ab Fab Friday November 3rd @8pm (EDST) - What things do/would you like to do to look after

Yes - a massage sounds good, I'll have one of them too.  That's no good that your week has had its ups and downs.  Have you got any plans on the weekend to look after yourself?  Something nice, or perhaps some down time?

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Re: Next Ab Fab Friday November 3rd @8pm (EDST) - What things do/would you like to do to look after

I have recently taken up bushwalking @taokat .  I try and go for a walk every weekend (if the weather is nice). It gets up a sweat, clears the head with no distractions and is cheap!  

Super star contributor
taokat

Is there anyone who doesn't like a massage? haha.

The family is coming over on Sunday. Mum and dad have been overseas for 5 weeks so it'll be good to catch up. Apart from that, a quiet weekend. 

How about you @Zoesplace?

Super star contributor
taokat

That sounds really nice @Zoesplace! A great way to get away and exercise is a mood booster for sure. 

I should look onto bushwalks around here. We used to go bushwaking a lot growing up, but I haven't been in over 20 years!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

That will be nice to catch up with your parents, after not seeing them for a while @taokat .  I am sure they will have lots of exciting holiday stories to share.  My daughter is spending tonight and tomorrow with friends, so I am catching up with my To-Do list tomorrow.  Sunday we are studying for our 1st HSC assessment... Smiley Indifferent

Super star contributor
taokat

I've been really slack with my self care lately. I need to get back to the gym and back to tai chi. They're two things I do enjoy that make me feel heaps better.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

I use to walk / play around the bush a lot as a kid too @taokat , then after not having been bush walking for about 30+ years, I have discovered how much I love it.  I have lots of National Parks around where I live, so that is a bonus!

Super star contributor
taokat

It sounds like you're going to have a productive weekend @Zoesplace. They may sound boring but it's a good feeling when all those jobs are done. 

Best of luck to you daughter with her studies and with the assessment. Is she nervous? 

Super star contributor
taokat

We had a national park at the end of our street growing up, and we'd be gone for the day, often coming home with tadpoles or yabbies. We loved it! 

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm thinking we finish up for tonight @Zoesplace. It's great to chat, and I hope you enjoy your bush walk! 

I think a massage might be on the agenda tomorrow...Smiley Happy