Parent Community Champions! Recognising your contributions

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Message contains an image

Recognising your contributions: Parent Community Champion role 

If you are someone who is supporting other parents, or a regular contributor to this community, we want to recognise your input to this forum with a new role- Parent Community Champion.

It is your input that makes our community forum a safe and supportive place for parents to share their concerns and seek help for their teens. 

What is the Parent Community Champion role all about?

This role was made to recognise those parents in our community who offer support to other members, contribute regularly to community activities and/or help to build a sense of connection across the forum.

Cover-6.png

What are the perks?

• Our Parent Community Champions have access to a private section of the forum, where they can talk with each other, speak with ReachOut staff and plan community discussions and activities.
  • Champions will gain a new title on the forums so you can easily see who our key contributors are!
  • Access to customisability of their profile (including the ability to select their own anonymous display image!)
  • The opportunity to connect with other parents in the role

There is no commitment involved but there will be more opportunities to get involved with ReachOut in future if you are interested! 

If you want to become a community champion, or nominate another member, you can reply to this thread! 

A huge thank you to all our incredible parents who continue to make this forum a supportive space!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: Parent Community Champions! Recognising your contributions

Hi @sidneysdad,

Welcome to ReachOut- it has been great to read your posts of support to other parents this last week. We were wondering if you would be interested in having your rank changed to Parent Community Champion?

You can find out a bit more about what that means in the post above. Thank you for all the time and compassion you have put into your posts this week!

Parent/Carer Community Champion
sidneysdad

thank you, that acknowledgement is an unexpected reward for being oneself and trying to help make sense of the mostly confusing, for me , world of parenting.Due to becoming a father very late in life I have struggled  with the modern way of the world. How late you say , well I was 57 when Sid was born and am so used to being asked how many other grandchildren I have I don't even get annoyed anymore. Due to having poor communication with my wife during the latter part of our marriage she decided to live her life with some one her own age , there is 16yrs between us. I have come to realise you cant make someone love you much as you may try or like to make that occur  whether child or partner. My son seems to respond well to my mix of unconditional love and discipline. My ex is coming around to the idea that she can't buy  his love. What was damage control has turned the corner and the photos she sent me of their skiing holiday in Japan show 2 genuinely happy souls , still a little at war with each other but the smiles are totally genuine . So I guess if after muddling through the first 10yrs  i can help anyone else ,it makes all the heartbreaks and sadness worthwhile , knowing with time  the pain just fades away, leaving the joy of fatherhood in it's place, Cheers

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Welcome to the Community Champions team @sidneysdad , I've changed your status over today. Thanks again for all of the fantastic support you've been giving. You'll now have access to the Parents Community Champion boards, so you can have a look around there Smiley Happy 

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Keddie

We have seen you offer some great support to other parents on the forums this week, and sharing your experiences to help other parents going through similar things. Would you be interested in becoming a parent community champion?

Parent/Carer Community Champion
Birdwings

Hi Sidney's Dad. Great to meet you. Thanks for being so open about what you've been through. It's very refreshing. My husband and I have an 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter. I prefer this age group to the early childhood years when it was all confusion and exhaustion. Well, that's how it can appear on a rainy day. However, we had a lot of fun too. We live right near the beach and used to go together. They don't want to go with Mum another, although our daughter did ask me if I wanted to go to the Easter Show. I decided against it with covid and after recent events there, am not too sure. 

Best wishes,

Birdwings