These are a few of my favourite things: winter

Contributor
Mitzi

Re: These are a few of my favourite things: winter

I love winter because:

• lamb, barley & vegetable soup
  • watching the flickering flames of the gas heater
  • standofffish cats deign to snuggle up
  • I look pretty good in a knitted beanie.
Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad

I love winter! Slow cooked meals, the lawn grows slow, plenty of footy to watch, cosying up in bed with some good reading material, hot chocolates, binge watching a TV series, camping trips with an open fire roasting marshmallows, mulled wine... love it!

Frequent scribe
StHubbins

In my mind there is only one good thing about winter, and that's the Sydney Swans!

========================================

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Active scribe
Beekeeper

I love summer and when the weather warms up I get very active with fishing, boating, diving.  I see winter as the time to get projects around the house done. :-)

Contributor
Sophie-RO

@Beekeeper - YES I love summer too - c'mon summer/ocean/outside/water!
Super frequent scribe
Serapis22

I love the cold winter, rugging up in layers of colorful clothing warm beanies without the sweating lol. Cooking aromatic soups and crockpot cooking too. Grandchildren running and playing games collecting firewood to start a wonderful crackling fire for all to mesmerize their colorful dreams. I love winter.
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

I'm with the other cold lovers. I love Winter too. Snuggling into a warm bed, reading a book. Eating comfort food. Weekends spent indoors watching movies in pyjamas. Drinking hot apple cider or mulled wine.

happy yeah college home fresh prince of bel air GIF

Prolific scribe
Red21

Winter trees
My toes are toasty wrapped in socks and covered in boots
My feet have walked across the green fields to take me to rest by the lake
My legs now still and elevated on the arm of the wooden bench seat
My body laying horizontal
My hands interlocked as a pillow under my head
My eyes looking at the barren tree branches over head and at the leaves at its base fallen in the autumn
My thoughts on the life cycle of the tree
My heart knowing the wisdom of the tree
what is no longer needed is let go (the leaf), not to waste but to allow it to be and finding its renewed purpose to begin again as nourishment being a source of strength . With letting go of what is no longer serving one can change perception on its lesson and see maybe the alum of the leaf which will now nourish the trunk of the tree through the roots which seek input for the growth.

Winter for me brings exactly this, time to let go of what no longer works and allow us as a family to be and allow our growth to come from our lessons we have been rising and falling to the challenges of.

Winter allows me to nest, get my blankies out, and warm my soul and remember some more of why I love ❤️. A time of rest for my heart.

what a great post 🙏🏻💕
Prolific scribe
Lily17

It is our 2nd winter in the southern states. We think a day that gets to 10 with sun is definitely t shirt and shorts for at least an hour. The tools come out in the sun and sawdust flies everywhere.

As long as I have a jumper and coat on generally still in shorts I am comfortable.

My hens start to lay again much to ours and the neighbours delight. The yard no longer looks like a killing zone as the hens moult has finished.

The oven is busy cooking with all the fresh eggs and we are learning how to cook winter meals.

Being rugged up is interesting and having enough blankets is questionable daily.

I guess the downside is I go barefoot everywhere and only have thongs which are special and stay in the car.

When it's icy I tell myself today I will buy shoes.. and repeat. This is what happens when you grow up in a northern state with a grandmother who didn't wear shoes either..

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Not a fan of Winter at all but I do love that it gives me more excuses for staying home, curling up under a multitude of blankets on the couch and going to bed early