Need help now?

Today for self-care I...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Parent/Carer Community Champion
PapaBill

Re: Today for self-care I...

My partner and I booked 2 nights on a house boat for 2

Taking a chance to get away from all our normal stressors and experiencing a whole new set of stressors
Faob_1

Today for self care I actually read a whole novel, and pottered in my vegie garden! Feels so good to see plants growing from seed. Heart

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

A few days away sounds like a great idea @PapaBill

Houseboat sounds like a great challenge! Would love to hear how it goes Smiley Happy

@Faob_1 that sounds like an amazing self care day! What veges have you planted? Gardening is so rewarding Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Today for self care I bought some new hiking gear in the sales for a few upcoming hikes in the next 5 months! Now I need to step up my training Smiley Happy

PapaBill

Walking is great for stress and if you can get into the bush even better
Star contributor
Janine-RO

I love getting out into the bush too @PapaBill , if I can walk near the water in the bush , with some good music or a podcast, it can turn most bad days around. My 10.5 year old likes to pretend she's too cool for bushwalks, but always loves it when we get out there. 

Today for self-care I downloaded a new podcast series (the Dropout. AMAZING), and walked to work from the station. My new year's resolution is to get back into running, but the smoke in the air in Sydney doesn't make that feel very appealing at the moment. 

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Could not agree more @PapaBill!

Today for self care I will be packing my car, ready to go for my weekend camping trip! 

Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Today for self care I looked through some old family photos

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Today for self-care I am remembering to be kind to myself - to stop stressing about little things that aren't perfect in the lead-up to Xmas, jobs I wanted to do that but haven't, and just relax, and enjoy some chilled out time with my family. 

Prolific scribe
Orbit64

Today for self care, I went to the dog beach early in the morning with my daughter and our new member of the family (of two weeks), our 9 month female Great Dane at 47 kg. Our new family member is caring, affectionate, very loving and great for our mental health.