Need help now?

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

THE CHOCOLATE HAS BEEN EATEN!!!! I thought I'd hidden it too! Do any of your kids eat EVERYTHING? Haha.

My daughter's so funny though, I said to her if she's going to eat all the chocolates she should at least throw the empty wrapper in the bin. She agreed, saying she had a better chance of convincing me I'd already eaten it!

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Damn... now I feel like chocolate @taokat  !  I think I have some chocolate chip cookies, will be right back Smiley LOL

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm waiting patiently for that switch to click back @Zoesplace! She also cannot find anything, even if she's just tripped over it. She says, 'if mum can't find it, it's lost.'

Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

@Zoesplace great that she is getting into it now and taking a bit more interest.  Its so hard to keep them focused all the time!  Its easier when they are doing subjects they like though.  

Super star contributor
taokat

No, no fair @Zoesplace!! Hahaha

I have got jelly beans and shortbread cream bikkies, and a hot chocolate Smiley Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

So @Snoopmum, do you have any questions about how the forum works, or anything your unsure of or find daunting about the forum?

I agree with you both as well, that studying subjects they like or have an interest in makes things so much easier! My daughter is topping English and Geography and failing maths. She hates it so puts no effort in.

Highlighted
Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

thats funny @taokat  I spend my time telling my guys that I am never buying biscuits/ treats again cos I am always finding the half empty packets!  My oldest is the worst offender..he would just inhale a packet of Timtams while waiting for dinner!!Like your daughters thinking..hide the evidence and let mum think she ate them! 

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

*running in* Damn! Just finished dinner sorry :/ 

Star contributor
Zoesplace

My daughter still  has her moments @taokat but I hope the worst is behind us.  What has really helped is getting her back on her meds, and she has been so fortunate to have had some absolutely incredible professional support when she needed it the most. With your love and support your daughter will be able to turn the switch back on.  

She can also not find anything!!!... omg it is so frustrating.  Her room is such a mess you cant see the floor half the time.  She loses everything, even in the matter of minutes

Definitely agree @Snoopmum helps when they enjoy the subjects they are learning.  My daughters favourite subject for the past few years, was her least favourite this year because she didnt click with the teacher. She applied to change teachers (which was quite a task) and successfully got moved.  Now she enjoys the subject again.

Star contributor
Zoesplace

My daughter still  has her moments @taokat but I hope the worst is behind us.  What has really helped is getting her back on her meds, and she has been so fortunate to have had some absolutely incredible professional support when she needed it the most. With your love and support your daughter will be able to turn the switch back on.  

She can also not find anything!!!... omg it is so frustrating.  Her room is such a mess you cant see the floor half the time.  She loses everything, even in the matter of minutes

Definitely agree @Snoopmum helps when they enjoy the subjects they are learning.  My daughters favourite subject for the past few years, was her least favourite this year because she didnt click with the teacher. She applied to change teachers (which was quite a task) and successfully got moved.  Now she enjoys the subject again.