Need help now?

Re: TW New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
chollon64

I’m Chelsea and I’m 29 years old. I am a victim of parental kidnapping and severe parental alienation . My daughters father hasn’t let me see or talk to my daughter in years
I didn’t know how to cope when it first began and I saw that no one was going to help me and that the county was corrupt so I started using drugs. Now I am experiencing addition still suffering to the point that lately I have been wanting to just end all my suffering once and for all.

Contributor
Bre-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @chollon64 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you are in immense pain, and it isn't easy to open up when feeling this way. I just wanted to acknowledge the huge step you've made today because it takes courage. 

Experiencing parental kidnapping and alienation is horrible, to say the least, and I'm truly sorry you are going through this right now. Do you have a support network at the moment, friends or family who you can lean on right now? 

We are an Australian-based service, so I may not have the best local support information, but I've done some research and put together a few options for you to take a look at: 

Pathways Inc have a sliding scale payment option and provides mental health support, as well as addiction support groups. They may be worth getting in touch with if you haven't already. 

This page provides information on mental health services in your state, and there's also a suicide prevention hotline you can reach here

It sounds like the pain is overwhelming right now, so we'll get in touch with you via email to offer you some support. When you have some time, please check your emails.