Need help now?

Helpful Podcasts

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Parent/Carer Community Champion
JAKGR8

Helpful Podcasts

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi all

I'm not an enthusiastic podcast follower but wanted to share the one I have been listening to this week. 

Talking to teens

I have only listened to it on Spotify but think it can be found elsewhere.

Have you got a favourite podcast? Doesn't have to be parenting but I am avoiding true crime at the moment. 

JA
Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: Helpful Podcasts

Hi @JAKGR8 podcasts are a fantastic way to learn about topics of interest- thank you for sharing!

I have been listening to podcasts from The Minimalists about living life purposefully- very interesting to hear their perspectives and really challenges me to think differently Smiley Happy

Would love to hear what others are listening to Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Parent/Carer Community Champion
JAKGR8

Yes @Jess1-RO stuff like that. Admittedly, I spend more time trying to find some that will interest my dad who has gone blind. He is very fussy and doesn't like fiction or crime so it can be hard to find something that holds his interest. Currently trying to find old fashioned radio programs and biographical ones for him and physics ones I can understand for me so I can understand eldest child's conversations. 

JA
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @JAKGR8

Do you think your dad might enjoy some history podcasts? My mum really loves listening to podcasts about a particular event in history or a fresh perspective on a topic. She particularly loves biography-style podcasts on historical events.

Physics ones sound like a good idea- is your son doing physics for school/study? Some sciences can sound like a whole new language! Best of luck with the podcasts- a great idea!

Casual scribe
SmugBroadway

really like history podcasts, you should try any of them Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @SmugBroadway and welcome to ReachOut Parents Smiley Happy Do you have a favourite history podcast or channel you listen to?

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

I found some more podcasts I had to share!

I have really enjoyed the podcast series so far from Tiddas4Tiddas. I came across this podcast series during NAIDOC week, and there are new episodes on a Sunday.