Need help now?

We want to hear from you - what discussions would you like?!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: We want to hear from you - what discussions would you like?!

Message contains a hyperlink

Topical Tuesdays is coming up tomorrow Smiley Happy What topic would you like to see this fortnight?

Love to hear from you guys Smiley Happy

@Bren-G_@GibboFootball@Sledgehammer73@Orange , @Stalarty 

@Queen_Hilby , @Nutshell76 @taokat  @Happy@Moggy3kids@Beemum@Bren-G_@GibboFootball@Sledgehammer73@Orange@Stalarty@Monty777 and @Nutshell76

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

How do you recover or reset when you are at your wits end?  Something short term or more long term?

Super star contributor
taokat

Great topic idea @sunflowermom, and one I'm sure many of us will relate to!

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Jess1-RO

A couple of ideas I have for future discussions are around teenagers and alcohol - how do parents deal?

I was also thinking we could run a discussion around the best/toughest thing we all find about parenting.

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

@taokat and @sunflowermom these are some great ideas! They reflect a lot of what is happening in the forums the last few weeks Smiley Happy I will start pulling some information on these topics for the next couple of topical TuesdaysSmiley Happy

Keep sending through your ideas! 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Active scribe
Amirah-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi everyone! Some great suggestions here! Keep the ideas flowing Smiley Happy

The coaches from our Coaching service are interested in being guest speakers on the forum- perhaps for a Topical Tuesday? Are there any particular topics you would want their expert insights/advice on? 

@taokat I believe they've done sessions on the forum before? Such a great opportunity! Maybe they can even talk about Coaching, as it seems many on the forum are still unaware of the service or how they can use it? 

@Bren-G_@GibboFootball@Sledgehammer73@Orange , @Stalarty 

@Queen_Hilby , @Nutshell76  @Happy@Moggy3kids@Beemum@Monty777 

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Amirah-RO, yes we used to have Wednesday Wrap once a month where we had guest speakers. I think it’s a fantastic idea to have the coaches on the forum! Topical Tuesdays would be a great space for it I think.

Definitely a discussion about the coaching would be fabulous. Great way to promote it and members can ask any questions they have. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a thread about the coaching so timing is perfect.

Active scribe
Amirah-RO

Ok great! Thanks @taokat I'll work on arranging a week that they're available Smiley Happy

Active scribe
Addieshiks

Hello friends

I find that majority of the problems we face as parents stem from financial hardship.

I know I get extremely depressed when I am not able to meet the financial goals to support my child.

When I'm worried that I might not make the rent, or be able to pay for the bills.

I get even more short tempered, introverted and just plain not fun to be around - You know - A GROUCH!

So I believe helping each other gain financial freedom and stability would go along way to build our well being, and that of our family members as we would be happier selves and therefore spread the happiness to the rest of the household. 

Casual scribe
Erininwoderland

I would like a discussion regarding what we can do as parents to try and prevent our teenagers from drinking alcohol. Should be allow them to have a sip at home? How do we talk about alcohol with them? Do I tell them about my drinking days?