Need help now?

31st May - ReachOut Parents Coaching! All your questions answered.

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

31st May - ReachOut Parents Coaching! All your questions answered.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: 31st May - ReachOut Parents Coaching! All your questions answered.

I can back that stat @GrhRo You can read it on the Reach Out site. It's part of what motivated our founder to begin the service.

Pretty shocking huh?

And yes, as weird as it might sound considering how hard it can be to get our kids to open up to us, they look to parents for help-seeking support. Unfortunately, though that can be watching a parent who talks about mental health as a weakness and the teenager thinking 'ok, don't let them know how I feel."=

Special Guest
TBS-Coach1

@GrhRo @Ngaio-RO Coaches complement the work of other services, rather than collaborating with them. We can work alongside parents in our 'supporting' session to identify and strengthen supports they need to support their teen. This way parents and carers can connect with the services they need for their situation.  

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

I know that's not why you share it @taokat  It's just very heartwarming. And you worked so hard.

fist bump you rule youre awesome youre the man movies GIF

Super star contributor
taokat

Sadly it's not @GrhRo. And I love coaching because it helps strengthen or begin to form a stronger relationship with our teens so we hope they'll come to us first. 

Special Guest
TBS-Coach1

@GrhRo You're right - their friends are in the top 3 as well. Sometimes our teens want to talk to us, but don't know how - so friends and family are very important supports.

Frequent scribe
GrhRo

I guess I was thinking more from the perspective of parents and their adolescent in conflict , or an abusive situation, so a lot more going to be resolved before they could get to talk to each other, or ever want to talk to each other

Special Guest
TBS-Coach1

There's no right or wrong answer for this question @Ngaio-RO But remember ... it’s much, much easier to address issues early on, before they become much bigger. ReachOut Parents Coaching is an Early Intervention program that aims to put the brakes on and slow things down! Ultimately if you have concerns about how your teen is coping or your relationship with them has become difficult - coaching may be useful for you.

Super star contributor
taokat

I think it's something in me @Ngaio-RO, because things were so bad, and I worry people get out their little violins haha. 

Frequent scribe
GrhRo

for sure @TBS-Coach1 

Sorry I am sounding pessimistic tonight in my posts.

Safety of children and adolescents is a big interest for me. Not my situation, more academic

Frequent scribe
GrhRo

Early Intervention makes sense @TBS-Coach1

What do you do when you think a person of situation you are coaching is in danger of someone else should be involved. Is there a protocol and how do you deal with confidentiality?